Saturday, September 26, 2009

Shane&Alicia (Sep2009)

Hey everyone!

It's been a while since we've written, so even though we saw quite a  few of you last week at Jeni's, I thought I would drop a quick line.  It's been a kind of crazy week here.

Our Subaru has been having some issues with leaky head gaskets, so we  started looking around for a new car a couple of weeks ago. For  family night on Monday we headed out and bought a used GMC Acadia from  a dealership in American Fork. It is a nice car that will work well  for our family. We kept the Subaru for Shane's snowy commute days in  the winter. Our Mazda doesn't handle well in the snow.

Shane and Rella both got sick during the night on Wednesday, so that  took over the rest of the week. Rella missed school on Thursday and  Shane came home after only a half day at work. I ended up finding a  substitute for my Spinning class Thursday night and stayed home to  take care of the sickies. We were pretty sure it was the flu,  especially since Rella didn't seem to have it as bad as Shane. She got a flu shot at her well child visit in August. Then last night she  started complaining about her mouth hurting. It must have been pretty  bad since it woke her up several times during the night. So the 2  sickies went to the Instacare this morning. The doctor looked in both  throats and swabbed only Shane's, since they were sure the 2 had the  same thing. Sure enough, they both have strep throat. I am wishing I  had taken Rella in a few days ago...I had considered it, but thought  if it was the flu they wouldn't be able to do much for her. They both  got the antibiotic shot and should be starting to feel better as the  day goes on. Rella got a cool bouncy ball for being a good patient.

Adria and I have been feeling fine and hope to stay that way! I took  Adria out to a birthday party for one of her friends in Eagle Mountain  yesterday. He is the son of one of the guys Shane works with (I am  friends with his wife, too). They are a great family. I stuck around  and helped out. They had about 20 kids there, and just the 2 adults  (not including me). I was glad to lend an extra pair of hands to help  out. Adria had a great time.

Shane didn't end up going camping because he was feeling so yucky,  but the other leaders went and had a successful campout.

Our stake was given tickets for the conference center tonight, so I  am going downtown for the meeting. Shane and the girls have big plans  to get smoothies for dinner.

Our computer is a Mac mini (is that what Chris bought?) We really like it.

That's all that is happening here! Have a great weekend everyone!

Alicia, Shane & the girls

No comments:

Post a Comment