Westra Family and Friends October 31, 2009
Happy Halloween Day. Last night Casandra took the older three boys to her sister Chrissy's Halloween party up in Salt Lake. I tended the two littler boys --Camden has been really sick for a couple days.
Saturday evening Cayson broke his arm up near the shoulder. Corin brought him up from downstairs and said he had fallen off the bathroom counter. It's sad when anyone is hurt, but it's hard to see a three year-old in pain.
We didn't know yet that it was broken, of course. But I could tell that it was a worse "owie" than usual as he needed a lot of comfort and didn't want to get up and play. Casandra was on her way home with the older boys and I called and told her.
In the morning we decided to take him to an Instacare place in the afternoon. Cayson did all right, but he wasn't using his arm so we knew it could be broken. We told him we were going to take him to a doctor later. He pointed out several men at church and said, "Is that doctor?" He also kept asking us, "Doctors nice?"
We reassured him that doctors are nice, and luckily he was. Conner drove Cayson and me up to Springville and we had to wait two hours to get in. Cayson was so brave during the x-rays - the technician was amazed. They can't cast the shoulder so they put him in a little snoopy sling and then wrapped close to his body with an ace bandage.
I took Corin with me on a run up the Clear Creek Trail (higher than I've gone before) and we saw 11 wild turkeys and about 20 deer. My foot is getting better slowly. The wonderful pine and earth smell up that trail really fills my senses. I think if I could breathe that air all the time it would facilitate healing.
We are going to take the old Honda to a junkyard. We are still looking for an old car to buy with decent gas mileage, if any of you have one. There is a Subaru Brat in town that Conner and I may look at. Enjoy Halloween.
If any of you locals want to watch the Lyme Documentary "Under Our Skin", you can borrow our copy.
Thursday evening Corin and Kadan went to their Martial Arts Halloween Party. I took the car up Twelve Mile Canyon in the snow and almost got stuck. I went on a run in foot-deep snow. The canyon here doesn't get plowed like the canyons in Salt Lake City. Maybe our new vehicle should be
a 4-wheel drive so I can at least get up to the lowest trail in the mud and snow.
Christopher & Co
No comments:
Post a Comment