Friday, November 8, 2019

Letters from Landon

So Sol and I have a lot going on in life right about now that I thought you’d like to know!

I’m not sure if Grandma was aware, but we are currently building a house! It will be a small rambler in Herriman, just southwest of the high school. It is a brand new community (but no HOA, thank goodness) by Edge Homes. The cool thing about it is that a client of LKL is doing all the drywall for the community. So I received the drywall order of my house and actually had the chance to go and watch the drywall be stocked this last Tuesday. Today I passed by after work and saw that they had already hung the drywall and just started taping. They say they plan to close by January! Pretty insane!

As you may remember, as soon as Sol and I were married, we started the process to receive her permanent residency. The main reason that we’ve been so anxious to get it is the fact that it will allow to leave the country and return without any issues. So basically in December of last year we went to the USCIS office to get her biometrics (fingerprints) and that was the last action taken on her case. That is until last month. Last month we had received notice of our interview at the USCIS with an immigration officer. It is in this interview we are provide evidence of the legitimacy of our relationship, and also validate that Sol has “good intentions” of being a permanent resident of the country. So we went to the interview with our lawyer (who is a close family friend of Sol’s and offered to cover our legal fees for the whole process as a wedding gift; amazing guy!) and breezed through it. The officer said that he approved the application for Sol’s permanent residency and said we would receive her green card within the next month or so.

This is where we were getting really nervous, because we were needing her green card to take advantage of a super awesome opportunity. Sol’s aunt in Mexico will be celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary with her husband and offered to fly us out for the occasion. We of course want to take her up on the offer, so we purchased tickets to leave on the 17th of this month, as soon as we knew that the application was approved. We were getting so nervous that we jumped the gun too soon on buying the tickets, thinking that the green card wouldn’t come in time. But luckily enough, we received a call from our lawyer on Wednesday saying that they had just received the green card at their office. I was able to pass by today to pick it up, so now we are sent to go to Mexico! We will fly out the 17th and return the 27th of this month.

And last of all, something exciting for me personally is work-related. My manager called me into his office on Wednesday for a little chat. He started by saying, “So you will be gone for two weeks...” and I got nervous thinking that he had changed his mind about me having the time off. But then he said that he wanted me to have the vacant office in the store. A little backstory, because the office was previously occupied by one of our salesman, but was then promoted to manager of our Layton store. So the office has been vacant since August or so. And now he wants me to take it. I asked him what it would entail job-wise, but he said he wasn’t sure yet, all he did assure me of that it would come with its “benefits.” Honestly moving up in LKL can be pretty slow because it is often “experimental;” between creating new positions and having people to train for the position, but I’m quite content that I’ll be growing and have shown my worth in the company.

That’s all for now! I might have more to share in a few months... ;)


Love you.
Landon & Sol

No comments:

Post a Comment