Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Chris&Kim ~ October Email Updates

Conference - Almond Cake - Autumn - Choir
Christopher and Kim Update October 4, 2021

Hi all - this week hasn’t been quite so busy, which is fine. Well, it was really busy for Kim at work. Her provider had certain days off planned ahead, and then switched the days off to a different week, so Kim had to rearrange lots of patients.

General Conference was great - Cayson was with us the whole weekend. Seth and Aspen came over for lunch and Sunday afternoon session of conference. It’s always good to get the eternal perspectives and learn more about Jesus Christ. I really enjoyed President Oaks talk about churches in the Saturday morning session.

Tonight Cayson has a choir concert at the high school. Thursday I went and worked at grandma and grandpa’s house as usual. They headed out in the afternoon to go see Adria in her soccer game. They also stopped by and checked the progress at the new house.

We are still getting a few ripe raspberries and strawberries, and one tree still has a few peaches on it. I’ve been collecting some medium size and large rocks for the wall project - extending the wall around the outside street corner of the property.

I wrote Prosperity Poem 136 - Autumn. This poem came very easily as a gift as I lay resting outside during the week. https://www.prosperitypoems.com/delivery136Autumn.html

Boris is working in Corpus Christi, which is about two hours from Krystal in San Antonio. So that will be hard for them to be apart, but he does make excellent money as a traveling nurse.

Enjoy your week! One pic is a close up of a rock (which I thought was pretty) I found a four ingredient Almond Cake that I had Cayson make, and he loved it so much he has made two more since that time! Here is the YouTube video showing how to make it. It's really good. https://youtu.be/U7fGOap0jFY

Courtney Birthday, Paint Night, Gardens, Fall
Quick Christopher and Kim Update October 11, 2021

Happy Birthday to Courtney today! Kadan and Christine went camping over the weekend. Thanks Wendy and Jeni for your updates. Jeni, I had to look up Butterfield Canyon. It's amazing how the fall is progressing so quickly. We have had some cold days.

Monday Kim and I went to Cayson’s spooky Halloween Choir concert at the High School. Some of the songs were classical and in German and Latin, but they also did Thriller and The Devil Went Down to Georgia.

Tuesday we went out to eat at la Cocina with Grandma and Grandma. It was nice to visit and hear more about their trip to St. George. Thursday I went to their house and worked all day.

Kim has become very good with the sourdough bread making, and the loaves are delicious! It took some tweaking and a few attempts, but now she is a pro.

Saturday Kim and I went on some errands together to the Good Earth and Costco and the Deseret Industries. At the DI, I picked up some cute thoughts and decorations for my new office. In the evening Kim had a paint night with some ladies who she works with. See the pics below - she had a lot of fun! She really likes the Office Manager Connie that she works with.

By the numbers - our date Tuesday was date number 702

Fun Nine Mile Trip - Petroglyphs - Swamp Monster - Let it Go
Christopher and Kim Update October 18, 2021

Thanks for your update Wendy, congratulations to Jaiden on homecoming queen! Kadan and Christine, it was fun to hear about your camp out. Glad your tent and stove worked well.

Kim and I had a great trip to Nine Mile Canyon over the weekend. We left on Friday after Kim’s work. Our Airbnb was in Helper, Which was only about 90 minutes away. I was able to drive the whole way, which is rare. We Unpacked and had a rest, and then went to dinner at the balanced rock eatery. They serve breakfast all day, which is my favorite. Kim really liked her meal also.

We have passed the entrance to Nine Mile Canyon on our last couple trips. We have a guidebook to the petroglyphs and other sites in the canyon, written by someone that Kim knows. So she was given the book personally, So it’s been on our agenda to go there.

We headed out Saturday morning, making sure we had plenty of gas and any supplies needed. The canyon is not nine miles, but more than 50. The initial surveyors used a “ 9 mile transact” To initially map the area.

You were able to see a lot more petroglyphs because of the book. You knew both at what mile point they should be, and what they looked like. It was only on the way back that I read in the book that a plastic post with an orange top means to look up at the petroglyphs high on the cliff. We still weren’t able to see most of those higher on the cliffs.

The weather turned out nice enough. We were very comfortable just with a jacket. The last and most impressive panel of petroglyphs is called the big hunt. Right before getting there we found a nice hike that wound its way up into some pretty cliffs. See some pictures below.

Nine mile took all day, with many stops. Then in the evening we went out to eat at the same restaurant. I did not bring back one rock from the trip, but I did admire many.

Back to the rest of the week. I went and worked Thursday at grandma and grandpa‘s house. Grandma remembered that we needed to pull the papyrus plants out of the pond. See the picture below of the swamp monster I pulled out. The papyrus won't overwinter so we have to take them inside each fall and put them out again each spring. The weather was cold Thursday.

Cayson did get the job at Costa Vida, but then got sick with Covid. So he had to quarantine and Kim and I had to modify some of our plans also. We were not able to get integrity Wednesday night as we had planned. Kim and I were never sick. Camden brought Cayson back Sunday evening so we were able to chat with him for a while.

Cayson new job - Improv - Bread - Kiva - Animals Poem 138
Christopher and Kim Update October 25, 2021

It’s been another full week. Congratulations to Jaiden on doing so well in the Distinguished Young Women Contest! Cayson got a job at Costa Vida and had his first three shifts this week. Aaron is very busy with work (welding) and school in the evenings (for welding)

We had Camden, Aaron, Kadan, and Christine join us over the weekend. Cayson was here this weekend also. Friday night Kim and I met Kadan and Christine at the Cracker Barrel in Springville for dinner. We enjoyed visiting and the food was good - though we did have quite a wait before and after we were seated.

Saturday early afternoon we had Integrity and we enjoyed playing with her. It was rainy so I was finishing some rock work in the office - and Integrity came to find me. It was so cute to see her bright face as she came to get me. She is just so sweet and pleasant.

Saturday evening we had a big group for the Improv Broadway show down in Provo. Aaron was called up on stage, and after asking him questions, the cast sang a song just about him. Christine and Kadan were also called up and asked how they met. Then the cast made up a little show acting out how they met - taking much artistic license of course. The genre of that skit was “Sci-fi” so Christine was actually a robot.

Then we had a lamb dinner with the same group on Sunday (early evening). Camden then headed back down to Snow College and Kadan and Christine back to Cedar City. Kim has worked hard decluttering and now we have two clean prepared bedrooms for kids when they come (or grandkids). So Camden stayed up in Cayson’s old room, and Kadan and Christine stayed in what was Camden’s room (we have a queen bed in there now).

Back to the rest of the week…

Wednesday Kim and her Bunco group had a “favorite things” night. They met for dinner at a restaurant, and then went to one of their houses for dessert. Kim brought her scale and told how much she is enjoying making the sourdough bread. We also bought a super sharp knife for the bread, and something called a “lame” to “score” the dough to make lines at the top that bake in.

Thursday I worked at Grandma and Grandpa’s house - the weather was beautiful. Kim stopped by Donnie’s wedding reception. I was planning on meeting her there but I wasn’t up to it - I had a couple rough nights which makes for harder days.

My outside office is such a blessing! It’s a super place to work, and also to take rests in the “sauna” part of it. In the morning, I’m up and down the stairs several times to go hang out and connect with Kim when she is in the kitchen, and the same for Cayson. Cayson leaves at 7:12 and Kim leaves about 7:35. Our alarm is set for 5:20 but I wake up before that on most days.

Here is Prosperity Poem 138 - Animals


Have a super week!
Christopher and Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment