Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June ... from Jen

With Colton out of preschool, I went ahead and put him in swimming lessons. The first session, Cooper was out for one week with Kindergarten testing, so Cooper got a 1/2 session. Right now we just started the second session for Colton. It keeps him busy while Cooper is in school. We leave shortly after the boys get off, and get back in time to walk to the school for Cooper.

Anyway, today at lessons, I noticed Heidi Ferri again. I probably wouldn't have recognized her if we hadn't chatted at the baseball game the other night. I'll see her again tonight at the baseball championships. They played last night and said it was really intense, the other team's parents and coach getting really worked up (swearing and such) and that the coach had to be thrown out of the game and even the police called! It was an elimination game (whichever team lost was out of the playoffs) but still, the kids are just 9 and 10 and this isn't even competition ball. I really like our coach, I haven't seen him ever lose control of even get after any of the kids (except maybe his own at one point). If we lose the game at 5:00, we'll have to play again (same team) at 6:30, and whoever wins that game will be the champs. If we win the first game, we're the champs. The other team does come in at a bit of a disadvantage, having played two games bad to back yesterday.

Just these last two weeks of school. Callahan has scout camp right off, then Keaton the week after. Landon's isn't until later in the summer.

I'm wanting to take the boys to the West Jordan Demolition Derby this Saturday ... haven't bought the tickets yet. I think we'll try and hit the rodeo as well. Cooper was a rodeo on an episode of SpongeBob and asked me if rodeos were real or imaginary. When I told them they were real, he's really wanted to go to one.

I see a pretty yellow swallowtail butterfly right outside my window ... you don't see the orange monarchs anymore ... I wish we could come to the family fun Thurs. Cooper is still in school, so I have to pick him up at 11:20. We usually walk and don't get home until a little before noon. This Thursday we'll have to hurry to get Landon to the ortho (although it is close enough he could walk) as he is getting his braces OFF ... he's excited about that.

I took Landon to the doctor yesterday to have the sore on his knee checked out. I don't know if we showed it to you Sat or Sun. It just doesn't look like a normal sore, and it keeps getting bigger instead of healing. The doctor agreed that it looked off, they took a couple swabs to check for bacteriaL and/or fungal infections and started him on antibiotics. Callahan actually has an almost identical one, so the doctor wrote a prescription for him as well. We should hear back from the lab by Friday. It COULD just be boys not leaving their sore alone and picking at the scab, but it's just a little more than that. Landon had another sore right before this that has cleared up fine.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment