Sunday, 13 Mar 2016
Dear Kids
Here’s Dad with another letter. Here’s a recap of our past week.
7 March 2016 – Monday. I got in to TurboTax and finished off my taxes, Federal and State, and submitted them: Federal refund, $2621, and State Owe, $3891. I got out the truck and squirted it off and washed it somewhat--it was so dirty. Then I took in the truck to get it inspected. I left it, new name of old place, DEKRA. I walked around the block: very long block, and then back to the inspection place. My truck was listed Rejected. I knew it would. It had a rear tail light that was not working. I had them replace it for me, another $5. I'm glad they will do little things like that.
The tall bush on the North side of our porch is leaning and looks funny. I tried to tie the two tall trees on either side of the front porch together. That didn’t work. It will take more strength than I have to right it. I need someone to help with it.
9 March 2016 – Wednesday Joen arrived here early, after running errands changed clothes here to go to Ensign club with us. We picked up Gary Halversen, as his wife was in Palm Springs watching tennis, and then picked up Lorrie. We heard from Tim Sloan, a church employee, on self reliance and the PEF. Margie texted Derek to see if he knew him.
10 March 2016 – Thursday. We cancelled out on our downtown day, to attend Grandparent’s day at school with the youngest two Blackham kids. Jen brought us a nice lunch and had made Brazilian cheese rolls and took some photos. The boys visited a bit, but were anxious to get out to recess. We bought some books at their book fair. We shopped Costco on the way home. Mom wanted to buy a bouquet a roses for Michelle Cannon's birthday the next day. We bought a Blendtec blender, $320. I don't think we will use it much, but Chris and Wendy will enjoy it on their visits. We tried to drop the roses off on the way home, but no one was home.
Since we had been spending so much at Costco, they talked us into buying a premium/executive account.
Chris and Kim came for dinner later. Then Chris gave Mom a lesson on the computer on dreamweaver and her website. I cleaned up dinner and did a big dishwasher job. We had bought 3 bunches of roses, different shades of pink, and Margie gave Kim 3 big vases and asked Kim if she would cut the ends of the stems and mix up the 3 colors in the three vases. Then I Kim drive me over to the home of George and Michelle Cannon to deliver one vase of flowers. They had just left on a weekend get-a-way, but Michelle’s parents were babysitting until today. We received a nice text later Thursday evening from Michelle, thanking us. Her mother had sent a picture of the roses to her. We sent one vase of roses home with Kim, to celebrate her new job, and Margie kept the 3rd vase of roses to enjoy.
Friday evening, we made a stop at the library, and then continued on to dinner at Braza Grill, with Scott and Amy and Jen and Gray. We had a nice meal and visit.
12 March 2016 – Saturday. I got up at 6:30, then took a two-hour nap from 9 to 11 a.m.! Margie did her swim and then went to a bridal shower luncheon. 5 or 6 ward weddings coming up in the next couple months!
I have been doing a lot of work in the yard and on our pond, cleaning out all the leaves. We now have only four fish left, all goldfish. I think the raccoons or birds have been getting them. We had about 30 fish last summer. The water lilies have not yet grown enough to provide much shelter, although they are starting to grow now. My big blue net needs replacing. I damaged it last summer when using it to catch and toss water balloons. So I have a few gift ideas for coming birthdays or Father’s day: a new net, more gold fish, & fish food in small pellets. I’ve now been out of fish food for the past year or so. My local source closed down last year some time: the pond place on 9th East near Hillcrest High.
Plans for next week: Empty-Nesters on Mon. We will pick up Gary Halversen again. And Joen was coming for a ride. Mom has a stake RS Birthday dinner Tues. evening, with Maureen Proctor as speaker (Meridian Magazine). We'll go downtown Wednesday and Mom has her diabetes doctor appt. on Thurs.
Easter egg hunt and luncheon here on Sat. the 26th. Noelle's baby blessing April 10. Waffles and Welatives at Chris & Kim's Sunday, May 1.
We love you all.
Love, Dad, Grandpa
No comments:
Post a Comment