Friday, February 15, 2019

Eagle Mountain Earthquake & Other Stuff

From Mom: Scott said an earthquake at 5:09 woke them up this morning. We didn't feel it. I just googled it----Eagle Mountain, 2 miles from Bluffdale. 3.2 to 3.8, depending on which site you go to. So they were closer. Chris didn't feel it.

I keep forgetting to ask: Which of you, or grandkids put the little "solar" dancing guy in our kitchen window, along with our scarecrow and butterfly? So we can say thank you! During Christmas.

Scott was released from the hospital last night and got home about 6:15. We are going tonight to visit.


From Jen: We slept through the earthquake this morning, but the Bluffdale Blackhams (Clay and Courtney and Maga and Olivia) felt it, enough that it woke them up. There were actually two, the first was 3.2, the second was the 3.8.   I remember one some years ago, I think on Easter, or at least a Sunday. I remember being glad Cooper had slept through it (either early morning or a nap, as he was already stressing about weather and stuff). Keaton had been alone out in the family room and a couple pans fell out of a cupboard with the shaking. Gray and I were in our room and felt it.  There were quite a few texts asking if family felt it on the Blackham family group text ... Kolby commented that he felt the earthquake in Seattle, or maybe it was just his phone vibrations going off again and again and again ;) Hope Scott recovers quickly. I was having a little shoulder pain last night and joked maybe it was sympathy pain w/Scott. 
From Alicia: I think the little solar dancing guy was part of Jen’s family’s Christmas gift to us...one of my kids put him in the window and he got left behind accidentally. But I’m sure he gets more sun at your house than he would get at ours (not much direct light at our house), so he’s probably happier!
From Dad: I just saw on the news last night that there had been two earthquakes. I remember a couple during my lifetime--while in the other house.
From Derek: The earthquake woke Danielle and me up (the epicenter was just a few miles from our house apparently). We slept through the first one, but we woke up during the second as our desks in our room were shaking pretty well. We thought we'd have some damage (photo frames coming off our walls and shelves, but we didn't!) It was funny, that morning Ani came in all sleepy-eyed and just said, "did you guys know there was an earthquake?" By that time, we had checked online and read all about it, but we were surprised that she woke up and could recognize it, but just went back to sleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment