02/14/2019
Happy Valentine's Day!
Scott's shoulder replacement went well at the U. of U. hospital yesterday. He is not sure yet whether he will be able to come home today or not. It's his right shoulder, so that will be hard to not use it for awhile.
Kemery texted us this morning that she and Mitch just became engaged and will be getting married Sat., June 1! So that is so exciting!! So mark your calendars.
Chris and Conner both came to work here on Tues. and then we went to our Self-Reliance Financial Prepared class in the evening.
Conner came again yesterday. He is repairing all the cracks in the ceilings in all the rooms of our house and a couple wall dings. He mudded them Tues. and sanded them yesterday. Then he will have some matching paint made at Home Depot and paint the areas tomorrow. Then our house will be in tip top shape.
Chris is also coming tomorrow to work here until about 6 p.m He has been working on the little storage room under the front porch and also in the large storage room. Dad will have his Fri. shift for awhile.
We have a smallish crockpot that we no longer use (and hasn't been used a lot). Shane and Alicia gave us a larger one. If any of you young marrieds or college students would like to have it, you are welcome to it. I think we have a good blender also (I will double check), if anyone wants it, since we got a powerful Blendtec instead.
I had a fall yesterday. I was coming down the stairs and thought I was at the bottom and that I was stepping off onto the tile. But there was still another stair, so I stepped off into the air and fell. I was holding the ipad and iphone but was able to hang onto them. Dad can get down on the floor and back up so easily. I don't know why I can't get up. Dad had to bring a pillow and help me get up on my knees, and bring a chair for me to push up on.
We had two couples over for dinner a couple weeks ago. The one gal didn't notice our one step down from the green tile. She fell and her glass bottle of red dressing broke all over. At least her salad was in a plastic bowl and was covered, so it didn't spill. She was embarrassed. I felt bad for her.
So Derek, now you won't have to repair the wall hole by the ping pong table and the ceiling where the weight set hit.
Conner also attached the grab bar by the stairs going down into the garage. He found a brown board and attached it to the studs, then attached the bar to the boards. He is quite the handyman and has
learned a lot on his job. We appreciate his help and Chris's help. It's no fun going through all the boxes and deciding what to do with things, but the end results are wonderful!
I have my annual appt. at 3:30 today with my eye doctor. If Scott gets to come home today, we will visit him afterwards.
Next Thursday I have an appt. with the hand surgeon at TOSH. I've developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left hand and wearing the brace at night is no longer handling it. Dr. Hammon did my right wrist about 8 years ago and did one of Dad's hands. It is not a bad surgery, so not one I worry about.
We enjoyed Aaron's and Jared's missionary letters. Sounds they are both doing well.
Have a great day! Love you all! Grandma
From Chris: Happy Valentine’s Day, yes. Kim and I are going to see The Upside tonight at university mall Cinemark. Mom, sorry about your fall! Maybe you should only go up and down empty-handed, so that you can hold onto the railing more. Are you sore from the fall? The blender went to Krystal. Scott, heal up soon, no playing racquetball for a while. Congratulations to Kemery!
From Shane: Be careful Mom! Don't worry about holding on to the electronics, they are cheaper than a hip replacement!
From Derek: Sorry about your fall Mom! I have taken exactly two bad falls in my life, and one of them (the thorn-bush eclipse incident of 2019) was due to a missed step (just like yours and your dinner guest). Glad you are okay - falls can end so badly!
From Wendy: Happy Valentine's Day!! Rick got up at 5:00 a.m. and prepared a breakfast feast for everyone along with sweet love letters to each member of the family. It has been pouring rain all day. I hope the weather improves since Jase is heading to Wyoming with friends tomorrow night for the weekend and Janika and Brandon are heading here tomorrow night for the long weekend. She is sad that Jase is leaving for the weekend and so she won't get to see him. Josh has a soccer tournament all weekend here and Janelle has her preference dance. So we hope the rain holds off this weekend! Congratulations to Kemery -- that is so exciting!! Glad Scott's shoulder replacement went well. That is not a very fun way to spend Valentine's Day! Sorry about your fall, mom! Glad that you didn't break any bones!
No comments:
Post a Comment