Friday, January 30, 2009

Blackham Update (Jan2009)


So - the New Year is officially on it’s way. I didn’t get Christmas Cards out this year ... I thought about doing New Year’s cards, but now I’m wondering if it’s too late for that as well. I figured I could go ahead and send out an update of what we’ve been up to so far this year.

With all the snow, the boys have had a blast playing outside. Our neighbors have a four-wheeler and when the snow covered the street, he pulled the kids on sleds all over the neighborhood. It would get a little bumpy at times, so the boys would pad their bottoms with pillows, so needless to say, they looked pretty funny walking around with a big, fat bum. We got a Hot Chocolate dispenser for Christmas, and have kept it in pretty constant use, especially after these sledding sessions.

Basketball has started up again ... thank GOODNESS! I thought Callahan was going to have to be hospitalized for withdrawal! We even moved the basketball standard from the street (where the snowplow has pushed big piles of snow) to the driveway, which we can usually get pretty clear, and Callahan still goes out to shoot hoops, even when it’s freezing. Grayson has taken the boys over to the church a couple of times, and now practices and games have started up again. Callahan gets into the Jazz games too, we have a schedule printed up and he pretty much watches every game, giving us play by play accounts as they happen.

Scouts have also started up again. That makes for a busy Tuesday in the Blackham household. Callahan has his scouts in the early afternoon, then Keaton has his (which Gray is in charge of, so the meetings are at our house).  January is also a month for pinewood derbies, and Gray has three of them coming up.

Gray and I have hit a couple movies of late ... “Twilight” which was just ok, and “Yes Man” which was pretty funny and/or Gray was tired, because he laughed and laughed. We also saw “Miracle of 42nd Street” at Desert Star theater. Their next show is “Home School Musical” and I think we’re going to take the older boys to it, give them a taste of live theater, a topic they will have familiarity with for the parody. Gray and I are also going to see the comedian Jeff Dunham when he hits Utah (Jan22). Landon wants to come along and crash that date, but that one isn’t going to happen.

Grayson wanted to see the BodyWorlds exhibit, and Landon had told us he would get extra credit in his health class if he attended, so Grayson and Landon did go to that. Here in the final days as it was closing, they extended the hours, and so the boys got tickets for 6:30 in the morning! Gray said it was very interesting ... perhaps a little much for Landon ... as he passed out! He takes after his mom I guess ;) but at least Gray has experience with that sort of thing. Landon could feel it coming on and Gray was able to get him to the bathroom and lay him down and he came to pretty quickly. They didn’t really draw any attention to themselves, but I wonder if the museum actually keeps records of episodes like that, I’m sure Landon was not the first. Anyway, he was fine afterward, although they did perhaps cut the visit a little shorter than they would have otherwise.

So that’s the main news from the Blackham front for 2009 so far ...
Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment