Sunday, March 22, 2015

Blackham Update (March 2015)

March 22, 2015
As I've now been getting into the habit of writing Landon each week, I figured I'd try to send out a family letter as well. We'll see how long I keep it up :)

Gray has been super busy with work. The winter was a little calmer, but with Spring, it's gotten a bit crazy. It's also derby season. He's had a few this month (he was just out at Scott and Amy's ward this past week) but April and May are when he gets really booked.

Landon is doing well in the Mexico MTC. I've created a blog to keep his letters and pictures. You can check it out at http://elderlandonblackham.blogspot.com/ He has been great at sending pictures, and keeping track of his steps (for me!)

Callahan got his license a couple weeks ago. He drove to school ... and got a parking ticket that first day. CopperHills is so crowded, that sophomores can't park in the school lot. He parked in a nearby neighborhood and got ticketed for not being "6 feet from a driveway" ... I'm sure the close neighborhoods are tired of having cars parked in front of their houses and they probably called the cops to ticket him. I guess we're lucky they didn't tow the truck! Callahan is getting very used to being mobile ... and I am too. He's been driving himself and Keaton to school, which saves me a trip in the mornings.

Callahan also had prom last night. I'll attach a picture. Callahan's basketball season is done, but I'm sure the high school team will play some spring tournaments. Callahan also tried out for UBC (Utah Basketball Club) which is an elite team made up from kids all over. They also play all over (Las Vegas, Idaho) trying to play in front of college coaches, getting the kids noticed and such. I will cost a bit of $$, and most of the games aren't even local for me to watch :(

Keaton's basketball season is done, and he didn't sign up for Spring sports, so I hope he stays busy and active. I took him to the dentist this past week, he has one cavity (which he is NOT happy about, as he feels he's been brushing really well) and we had an ortho consult. Unlike the other boys (and most people) it's not that his teeth are that crooked, or crowded, rather he has too much space! I've never really noticed it, but it is pretty obvious. It's actually a little harder to "fix" so we'll see what happens (his orthodontist said he had a similar problem and ended up going with veneers on his front teeth). 

Cooper has been doing great in school, very few or no anxiety issues of late. We'll have to see what happens when Spring storms hit (thunder and lightening). He heard about the book "Hatchet" at school and asked if we had it (which we do) and he really liked it and read all the sequels! I did a blog post about it (on my Jen'sJourney blog) http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2015/03/books-boys-are-reading.html I had read the first three books in the series, and at Cooper's recommendation I'm reading the last two (I'm waiting for my digital hold to come in from the library on the last one, even though we have the actual book, I prefer reading on my ipod). 

Colton is playing basketball for spring. We debated a bit between it and soccer. I prefer soccer if I am playing myself, but as a spectator, basketball wins big time with me! No weather worries (too hot or cold), parking issues, and more scoring. I often video the boys games it has links to videos) but Colton's games are at Gene Fullmer, which has a track above. Do I video, or jog? Keaton saved the day by manning the video camera for me, so I got in four miles while watching Colton play (of course Keaton missed the basket that Colton made, oops). I haven't jogged in forever and my calves are killing me today!

I'm still being spoiled as a stay-at-home mom with kids in school ... my life is pretty dang easy. I hit my Zumba classes every weekday morning, and then get in some additional activity during the day. I'm still loving Zumba. Not losing weight ... because it's the eating! I like to eat!

Our little Oreo kitty is a part of our family now ... although Grayson isn't a huge fan. I love to see the boys interact with him, and I'm really enjoying having a kitty as well. He really makes me laugh. He also makes computer work difficult, as he comes and lays down on the desk whenever I'm trying to work!

Gray and the little boys made a trip to Moab last weekend. Lots of pictures on Facebook. I really need to get caught up on my family blog, and get all these things updated there.

There is a little Blackham update for you all. Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment