Hello Family!
It already feels like a long time since we saw you all in Utah! We're into our last full week before school starts...this summer vacation went by a lot more quickly than last year's. Here's a (hopefully) quick recap of what we've been up to.
Calder has been enjoying his summer activities. He and I had "Calder camp" while the girls were at Girls Camp in June. We went to two different science museums and he loved them both. He's been having Speech, Occupation Therapy, and Swimming lessons as usual, but we also did a week of Rock Climbing camp with some friends from church. He really enjoyed it and was confused as to why I would only sign him up for one week. OT camp for 1st graders begins tomorrow...he has been looking forward to this all summer. We'll find out who his 1st grade teacher is sometime in the next week and will attend a meet and greet the day before school starts. One of his favorite parts of our trip to Utah was going to Lagoon and riding all the big roller coasters. Wicked was his favorite.
Rella had a wonderful experience at girls camp...she was a little nervous going in, but made friends quickly and had a good time. She also enjoyed her Ballet Summer Intensive at the Ballet school and had lessons from dancers from the Oakland Ballet and Ballet West. This girl loves all opportunities to dance, so she soaked up every minute. Rella and I went on her 12th birthday trip to NYC and had a fun time seeing and doing all the stuff! The highlight of the trip was seeing "Hamilton" on Broadway. We also went on a walking tour of the area Alexander Hamilton lived and worked in in NYC. It was very interesting. Other enjoyable experiences included afternoon tea at Alice's Teacup, watching the sea lions at the Central Park Zoo, and shopping on 5th Avenue.
Adria also loved girls camp, especially since her friend Lilly was able to fly to California to go with Adria and Rella to camp! After camp the two friends flew back to Utah to go to the Stadium of Fire with Lilly's family. They also did baptisms for the dead at the Provo City Center Temple and attended a musical theater day camp in Lindon. Adria came back just in time to spend a couple days with Grandpa Green and Grandma Julie when they came to visit us in July, then repacked her bags for our trip to Utah later that week! She's been a busy traveler this summer! Adria is looking forward to soccer (starts tomorrow) and school (starts on the 22nd).
I'm just trying to keep up with everyone's schedules! I've had a few photo sessions this summer and am starting to figure out my schedule for the fall season. I am the VP of events for the PTA at the elementary school, so I am helping to plan and execute a big welcome back event for next week. Yesterday I helped with a playdate for the incoming kindergartners, which was really fun. I think I am looking forward to the routine of being back in school just as much as the kids are (well, except Rella!)
Shane is as busy as ever at work! He was able to take a couple days off to go help at girls camp, which he says is very different from scout camp. He did have an adventure helping a buddy (another dad from our ward) dig a tick out of his arm. He has another trip to Europe scheduled for the end of August, so he is taking Rella out for a special dinner date since he will be gone on her birthday. They're planning to go to a nice Brazilian restaurant in San Mateo.
We're gearing up this week for a family camping trip with another family from our ward (the Stevensons) at Lake Tahoe. We're excited to finally make our way up there (though we did have a little sneak preview on our way back from Utah due to a semi rollover on I-80 just past Reno). Tonight we had a new family in our ward over for dinner. They have two daughters (ages 14 and 9) who have just hit it off with our girls, so it was especially fun.
I'm sure I'm missing some things, but that's what we get for waiting so long between updates! I'll try to have Rella type up a whole NYC report to send out since I didn't go in to much detail here. Have a great night!
We love you all!
Shane, Alicia, Adria, Rella, Calder, Hamilton, Washington, Jefferson, Madison, & Burr
No comments:
Post a Comment