Friday, January 28, 2022

Messages from Mom ~ January 2022



(Sunday) January 16, 2022
Alicia was smart to order a bunch of home tests from WalMart while they were still $14 for a box of 2 (BinaxNOW by Abbott). She said they were out of that brand now and she just ordered another brand that would come in a week or so, but cost more. I just ordered the iHealth brand (I think that was it) from Amazon for about $20 for 2 tests. I was surprised that tests were still available and they hadn't doubled the price---though they won't arrive til Jan. 30 to Feb. 1.

Starting this past Fri., Biden is forcing insurance companies to pay for the at-home tests (up to 8 per person per month, I think), but I don't know if you have to get reimbursed from your insurance, if you buy online. If you can find them at a store, they probably bill the insurance companies directly.

I think it is next Wed. that the federal government will open their website for people to order 4 online tests free per family, taking a week or more to receive. I bet it will be hard to get through to put in your order.

Jerry Wagstaff died of a heart attack and was dead before reaching the hospital. Quick and easy and a blessing for all concerned, because of his mental decline. The funeral can be viewed at Memorial Estates website---11 a.m. tomorrow morning, I think. Their oldest son is Scott and they have a Wendy also.

Some of you knew John Rees when he was our bishop. He is currently mission president in Denver Colorado. Their 10-year-old grandson is sick in the hospital in the hospital in Rome, Italy, where his family lives. They are praying he can improve enough to be flown here to Primary Children's Hospital, but he is too ill now--diagnosed with leukemia.

(Sunday) January 16, 2022
Alicia brought us each a covid test today. Dad tested very positive and I tested negative. Dads illness has been like a very bad cold--foggy head, runny nose, scratchy throat, but no fever and no bad cough. He started feeling sick Thurs. morning. I had a lot of dizziness for a couple days before that, so we had cancelled our plans to go to Nelva's on Thursday. So it is good we did. I had felt fine as long as I just
stayed in the recliner. I have no cold symptoms.

Shane tested positive on Wed. and has had some rough days. He also developed sores in his mouth.

Jen said Sol tested positive. Some of Nelva's grandkids have tested positive.

Our stake cancelled 2nd hour meetings until at least Feb. 6.

How are all of you doing? Lots of sickness going around with similar symptoms, so hard to tell.
  • Jen: Coop has been under the weather too - and we really probably SHOULD have gotten him tested. I have not been willing to face lines though. I have one at home test (was a two pack, Landon took the one for Sol), but have been hesitant to use it as any result really wouldn't have changed his next days much (figured we'd need if it anyone else starts to feel sick).  With the schools moving online next week, he doesn't have work, his school is online, and he's not really going anywhere, so he's basically quarantined. Hope you both feel better soon!
(Wednesday) January 19, 2022
I just ordered our 4 free tests and it was extremely quick and easy! I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I was afraid it would be like when we were first trying to get vaccination appts. and it was a nightmare, trying over and over all day. This is a very excellent website and will only take you a couple minutes. So order your 4, even if you've recently had covid----you could help out a neighbor or family member that needs a test (like Alicia brought us each a test). Chris ordered his 4 tests this morning when the website opened. They will be delivered in 7-12 days by US postal service.

It also tells how to get tests reimbursed if you bought them online (just after last Fri. or Sat.) and when you get them at stores. I ordered some on Amazon last Sun., so we'll see if it is a hassle to get reimbursed from our insurance company. I imagine some insurance companies will be easier than others.  https://www.covidtests.gov/

LaMar is getting better from his covid. I seem to have it now (sore throat, headachy, ringing ears, dizzy), but not too bad.

(Thursday) January 27, 2022
Thanks for your update Jen. I was wondering how you were doing today. Chris just left, after working hard here all day, since he missed last week while we had covid.

Nelva said when she slipped on the ice outside a grocery store and fell and hit her head, they told her that's why they do staples instead of stitches on the head, so they don't have to shave the area---staples work well with your hair intact. She said it didn't hurt at all, just a bit of pressure, when they took her staples out, so don't dread that.

Shane are you home from your trip yet--I couldn't remember your return date.

Our Taylee leaves for her semester abroad in Italy--I can't remember if it is tomorrow or Sat. Nice they didn't cancel with covid and all. It's good she is a seasoned traveler, since she has to change planes a couple of times. She will join up with some others at one of the stops. I hope she will write all her experiences, so we can all share in her adventures!

Wendy called this morning and told us the sex of Janika's baby! She said she would send it to the rest of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment