More pictures in Dropbox
(July 5, 2021) Busy/Hot week - Independence Day
Thanks Jeni for your update - yes it has been hot! Wednesday Kim and I went to see Ani in the play “Dear Edwina”. See all the pics below. The play was performed in the backyard of the director, and they had it set up very nicely. Thankfully, their backyard was in the shade. Dear Edwina is a children’s musical about a girl who gives advice (like Dear Abby) but sings her advice to common problems that other people write her about. She did great!
Friday Kim and I went to Kneaders - for our 663rd date! Tonight we are taking Grandma and Grandpa out to dinner at La Cocina for his late Father’s Day dinner (which we had to postpone).
Saturday evening we had Grandma and Grandpa over for a fish dinner (fish courtesy of our next door neighbor). Conner and Amber were there also, and Cayson. Then Kim and Cayson went with them to Derek and Danielle’s house for games and fireworks. At our house, I played Grandpa in ping pong and he still beat me, but just barely. I’m getting closer.
Yesterday was Independence Day, and I did a family history challenge for the younger generation to find an ancestor who lived in America during 1776. They used Family Search and they did great! They are really fast.
I continue to learn about decentralized finance (DeFi) - it’s amazing the applied usage possibilities of being able to securely transfer money, any kind of digital property, and any information without a middleman. I use that knowledge to invest in the most solid teams and projects and sectors. Not financial advice. The sphere is still volatile. Here’s a great site to learn about some projects (they list all - so they vary in quality). Just like the stock market, there are large cap cryptos, medium cap, and small cap (market capitalization). https://coinmarketcap.com/
My small rock polisher gave out - I guess that’s to be expected when it’s running non-stop for about a year. Conner and Amber are working hard to get their RV ready to move into. Krystal is working hard packing. Camden is enjoying his IT internship. Cayson will be with his Mom for some vacationing. The Taylor kids are at Lake Powell with their Dad. Alicia provided the Father's Day pics, and they are below also. The outside office is progressing.
Have a significant week!
Christopher and Kim
(July 12, 2021) Snow Cones, Organizing
Thanks Alicia and Shane for your Lindon update - glad the house is starting to come along!
Last night we did snow cones for the neighborhood and it turned out really well - we had about 40 people. Lots of kids came and I unloaded the big rock polisher and let the kids each take some polished rocks. Since Shane and Alicia are so close we invited them to come over also. Kim’s Polynesian friend came over and set us up with music. Camden came also. Krystal and Camden ran the machine, and Camden helped give people their flavors.
Kim went over to Krystal’s house to help her pack and clean and they got a LOT done. Friday evening we watched episode seven (season two) of The Chosen. Very good as usual. The season finale (episode eight) came out last night and we are looking forward to watching that soon.
Camden and Cayson were up at Park City all week. Cayson came home with Conner (from Park City) last eve so we at least see him before his Lake Powell trip and our California trip starting Friday.
Saturday we played with Integrity in the afternoon for a few hours - Kim read her lots of books. Kim has been doing lots of cleaning and organizing and dejunking! Our pantry now looks like Danielle’s pantry.
The family history challenge was to find details about their birth year and/or name, with help from the page below. We had good participation. I went and worked Thursday for my Mom and Dad, as usual.
Enjoy an exhilarating week!
Christopher and Kim
(July 26, 2021) California Trip
Friday night We stayed at a tiny house Airbnb in Las Vegas. I got up early in the morning and hiked a nearby mountain called Lone Mountain. I had to rest in the car until it got light enough to see. The Temperature was 108° in Las Vegas that day. Friday evening at the Airbnb we watched the last episode of The Chosen (Season Two). Very good.
We were going to go out to eat with aunt Diane for the evening, but she was busy packing for a trip to Salt Lake for a month. So we will catch up with her sometime when she is in Salt Lake.
Then Saturday we drove to Temecula and spent the afternoon with Michelle and Shoh and their boys Ayumu and Nozomu. Shoh made a nice dinner for us, and then we drove to Cardiff to Vikki and Peter‘s house. In Temecula Kim and Michelle went antique shopping while Shoh stayed with the sleeping boys and I got some exercise.
Sunday we went to Vikki and Peter‘s church in the morning, and then hiked on the Manchester hiking preserve trails in the afternoon. We ate outside most evenings at their house - very pleasant. The daily highs were about 75 and the lows about 66 degrees. Their temperature is moderated quite a bit by the ocean.
Monday we went and hiked Annie’s Canyon, a slot canyon that is only about ten minutes away from their house. There are a few pics below. Tuesday we went to Oceanside for fish and chips, and Peter and I walked all the way to the pier from where we had lunch. The girls drove and met us there. Then we walked the pier.
I bought a book on California Rockhounding, and though there weren’t many places listed near us, I did learn that casual rock collecting is allowed on all California Beaches from the surf to the mean high tide. So that was awesome!
Wednesday Kim and Vikki went and picked up Michelle and the boys and we went with them to the Butterfly Garden (Vivarium) which was also near a community type garden. Then Shoh came later in the day. Peter went and picked up Kevin and his girlfriend Mandy from the airport and they joined us for dinner. They had been on a trip to Philadelphia to visit Mandy’s twin sister and her family. Kevin joined us for dinner the next evening also.
Thursday we went to the San Diego Botanical Gardens - see a few pics below of that trip. Then they went to lunch at Swami’s restaurant near the beach. I needed to rest at that point.
A few mornings they got up and went to the beach to play in the waves.
Peter found some old slides in their attic and they contained lots of pics of Vikki’s childhood and then a few of her and Peter when they met. So we projected them onto a poster board and I took pics with my phone. They actually turned out quite well. It was fun for Kim to see pics of her Mom as a young woman, and together with her Dad.
Each morning I woke up before anybody else and went down to the beach to collect rocks. Every time I went the sand level was different and the rocks were completely different. The high tide would take some rocks and dump a bunch of others on the beach! I had no idea that it changed so much on a daily basis. When I went back one afternoon it was changed also. I collected some (picking the prettiest ones of course).
Friday we left early at 6:08 and drove all the way to Cedar City. We freshened up and rested at a Motel 6 and then went to meet Christine and Kadan at their apartment. Their place is really nice and they had it decorated beautifully! This was our first time seeing it. They took us out to dinner at Bowman’s Cowboy Kitchen. Then we drove home Saturday.
Here is Prosperity Poem 128 - Your Own Thing!
Have a magnificent week! A note on Elder Aaron - he was made a district leader.
Christopher and Kim

No comments:
Post a Comment