Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Chris & Kim ~ March 2022

Compiled Emails/Photos from March
(More Pictures in Dropbox)

March 7, 2022 ~ Sleepover & Ski Trip


We had Integrity for a sleepover Friday night. We read books and played ping pong in the evening. Integrity helped Kim make her sourdough bread in the morning. That little girl sure loves to laugh! She also did exercises in the morning and evening with Kim.

I’ve been joining Kim in the morning for part of her exercise routine. I started doing that just to hang out and chat for ten minutes and be together before she goes to work. But I started liking it and sometimes do 15 or 20 minutes (she does 30 or 45 minutes). It’s a walking routine, but they do other exercises also, and we use hand weights to increase the workout.

We took Integrity to her basketball game (I think her last) on Saturday.

Camden and Cayson went on a ski trip down to Brian Head with their Mom and Kadan and Christine, and some of Camden’s friends. Camden and Aaron are on their spring break from college this week. Kim leaves for her Disneyland vacation with Courtney and Integrity on Friday, their trip going from March 11 to March 16.

Thursday I went to Mom and Dad’s house to work. Saturday Kim and I went on our date #726 to Kneaders for dinner, in a snowstorm.

Sunday evening we had Conner and Amber and Mom and Dad over for dinner. Conner and Amber came early and Amber did Kim’s hair and Conner helped me get my Helium miner set up. I can earn some money and also contribute to Web 3.0. Shane and Rella stopped by and played a couple games of Rummikub - they were out doing driving practice.


Monday, March 14, 2022 ~ 
Kim, Courtney, and Integrity in California 
Fun Times - Driving Practice - Helium Miner Setup

Kim, Courtney, and Integrity have been enjoying their California vacation so far! They left on Friday morning just after 5:00 am and made really good time, stopping in St. George for a potty break and Vegas for lunch. They went to the beach with Kevin that evening they arrived. Saturday was a whale watching trip (didn’t see any) and fish and chips at the harbor, and then some time digging in the sand at the beach. Kevin and his girlfriend Mandy went on the whale watching tour and to lunch with them.

Sunday they went to Vikki and Peter’s church, and in the afternoon they went to the Mormon Battalion historic site and they ran into our former Stake President (Brent Top) and his wife serving as Mission President there over the historic site! See the pics below. Integrity got to pan for gold.

Disneyland is tomorrow (I think).

Saturday evening I took Camden, Cayson, and Cayson’s friend Indy (Indigo) to Kneaders for dinner. Indy’s family often includes Cayson so it was nice to include him this time. Cayson modeled his new haircut after Indy’s cut.

Skinny Citron Dove - Yep - that’s my Helium “handle” or nickname for my hotspot. I’ve been wanting to get into Helium Mining for quite a while and I finally bought a SenseCap M1 miner. Camden and Conner helped me hook it up. Right now we are getting lower level rewards because our big antenna is not hooked up yet. Conner was here working but he painted the kitchen yesterday since it was raining.

The antenna will get installed on the roof somewhere. Helium is called “The People’s Network” - and you can think of it as ham radio for sending data. I’ll try and include some screenshots of my “network” and also of what I’m aiming for once we get the stronger antenna hooked up. We actually live in a pretty prime location up on the hill, so I’m hoping for some good rewards. I’m rewarded in HNT (Helium Blockchain Token) - and I can let that build, or convert to fiat (dollars) or Bitcoin when I want. Here’s a link if you want to learn more - https://gristleking.com/helium-explained-eli5/

Unless I need to pay a bill, I’ll choose to convert to Bitcoin. Why would I put my wealth into dollars which are going down in value each year, when I can choose Bitcoin which is going up in value each year due to the adoption and network effects?

Aaron took Cayson for driving practice for quite a while Sunday afternoon. He went on the freeway for the first time. It’s been a rough couple of days for me as I hurt my back again. I was just digging in the chicken coop on Saturday and it got tweaked I guess. I’ve been counting the hours until I can call the chiropractor this morning - they usually get us in quickly when needed.

Camden suggested doing core exercises to strengthen the back. I need to do something, because I’m not going to stop digging or doing rock work! Even when it hurts badly I still do my work and exercise - I just moan and grimace more. It’s not that I’m so stoic (but that too) - but the movement is needed to lower my daily abdominal pain. So I have to move my body.


Monday, March 22, 2022
Disneyland, Rocks, Easiest Free Tax

Hi all - it’s been busy here in Pleasant Grove. Kim, Courtney, Integrity, Peter, Vikki, and Ayumu went to Disneyland on Tuesday and had a great time. We have a lot of pictures so I’ll spread them out over the next few weeks. The Utah contingent came back Wednesday night after staying in Victorville the night before (driving from Disneyland to there).

Sunday evening dinner we had a dinner at our house and had Seth, Aspen, Mom, Dad, Kadan and Christine, and Camden, Cayson, and Aaron. Kadan and Christine stayed for the whole weekend and Saturday night they went with Kim and Camden to the Improv Broadway comedy show.

Conner came and got my antenna set up properly and Camden helped me get some of the IT stuff done for it - ports, routers, and all that stuff. Now the Helium Node is collecting more rewards for connecting the network - and we have several ways of tracking that.

I went to get rocks up on West Mountain for the first time this year - it was a bit cold but I was dressed for it and it was good to enjoy the crisp air and scout out some big rocks for the wall.

Camden and I quickly did his taxes using the simple one below associated with the Cash App (by Square, now Block). Mom researched several “free” tax services and this one was the only one truly free. They said, “We literally have no way for you to pay us”. Very user friendly also. I'll help Aaron as soon as he gets a couple of his last docs. https://api.taxes.cash.app/auth

We just set the date for our next trip - April 27 to 30 to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park in Colorado.

Monday, March 28, 2022
More Disneyland - Boys of Sanpete County 

We found another ancestor that was involved in the accident at Green River. Both of my Grandma’s great grandfather’s survived. Jeni wrote up a blog about it - The Boys of Sanpete County.

We enjoyed Integrity on Saturday. She helped Kim make bread and then helped me in the yard. In the evening we took her with us to go out to eat with Mom and Dad at La Cocina Mexican restaurant in Salt Lake. Integrity and I sang the primary song “The Miracle” twice at home and then two more times driving back from the restaurant. I enjoy singing with her. This is the song:

On Friday evening we had our ward party and we helped plan and execute it. I did “Clay to Win” for each table and they were slow getting into it but most did by the end. We had plenty of food.

I got my first rock permit for the season and it felt good to be up on the mountain again. I’ve got a couple large ones ready for when I can get there with a helper. I can’t get the biggest ones by myself.

Have a super week!   Christopher and Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment