Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Chris&Kim ~ September 2021

A compilation of emails sent in September - not all photos included, but here's a few!


Christopher and Kim Update September 6, 2021

Birthday, Integrity, Office, Organizing, Waffles, Fitness


Jeni, thanks for your nice August update! I've never tried the Pokemon Go.

Yesterday was my birthday - I turned 55 years old. We had Seth, Courtney, and Integrity over for dinner and visiting and ping pong. Camden stopped by in the evening and walked in just before our bedtime - in his motorcycle helmet and holding pixie. I wish I had a picture of that. He spent the night here so he can drive his motorcycle the rest of the way to Snow College in the daytime. Good idea!

Kim has been on a decluttering and organizing spree! Wow! She does well when she has that energy. Tomorrow we get our second Coddle Toggle couch and two ottomans (ottomen?) for the living room. Kim is off today for Labor Day.

We also had Integrity Saturday afternoon for a few hours. A couple years ago we got a little play cupboard from a neighbor, with lots of little pots and pans and plastic fruit and food. We keep it in the carport in a certain spot, and she often plays with it. In part of our cleaning, we moved it to the back patio. On Saturday, Integrity went out to play with it and said, “WHERE is MY kitchen? She just stood there for a bit looking at the offending blank wall, and then pointed at it and stated confidently, “It was RIGHT HERE!”

Thursday I went to work at Grandma and Grandpa’s house and then Kim drove in and we all met for dinner at the Belgian Waffle Inn. I thought it was very good.


Here is Prosperity Poem 133 below. Several new patrons joined my Patreon in just the past week.
https://www.prosperitypoems.com/delivery133BeFit.html  And here is a nice note from one of my patrons: 
I thought this is the right time to become a patron so I decided to be part of it. You have a beautiful mind and good intentions to others and people around you, every poem touches the heart and soul of the readers and it is really amazing and inspiring I have read some of your poems less than 10 I guess mysterious and wrapped with positivity Life changing indeed! Thanks very much Sir!


Christopher and Kim Update September 13, 2021

New Office, Lotoja, Integrity, Labor Day - Sunflower Princess 


Thanks Shane and Alicia for your nice update. Shane, I got a new office also. Congratulations Derek on your half marathon. It’s been a busy week for us. Last evening we had Grandma and Grandpa over for a good salmon dinner and rummikub. It was just the five of us, with Cayson. Courtney, Aaron, and Adam did the Lotoja bike race, as a relay. We’ve tried to get more details but all we know is it was “lots of fun”.

Aaron is working with his Dad, and also signed up to do a Welding Certification Course with MATC, which is where Kim went for her Medical Assisting Training.

Camden stopped by unexpectedly Sunday night on his motorcycle, to stay the night and drive the rest of the way back to Snow College in the daytime. Monday was Labor Day so he hung out with us during the day and Kim was off work. It was nice! He got my computer hooked up in my new office. He is having fun at Snow. He got kidnapped by a girl he knows, and they went up stargazing. His roommates are into working out, so he goes with them. They all went to a hypnotist performer, and his roommate was one of the ones called up. He was given “X-ray vision” and correctly identified an object (teddy bear) that was behind someone’s back.

Conner came to work here Thursday and Friday - getting some outlets and fixtures in the office and hanging the door to the sauna back on, among other things. He also worked on welding our two swing sets together, and capping the top bars and painting them. I worked at Grandma and Grandpa’s house Thursday.

It’s great to be moved into the new office. See the pics below! Our garden is still doing well. Kim and I went on our 700th date on Saturday evening, to Kneaders. Saturday we also got to play with Integrity. Kim went to her soccer game, and then brought her to our house. She somehow got transformed from a sweaty soccer player into a beautiful princess. Krystal is working hard at Law school, as is Seth Worthen.

Have a super week! Kim and I are really excited to head out on Wednesday to the Grand Mesa in Colorado. We stay in the Happy Hippie House Airbnb in Grand Junction, and it looks like we will have superb weather.

Christopher and Kim Update September 20, 2021
Trip to Colorado's Grand Mesa, Garden, Home Transformation 


Tuesday evening Kim and Cayson and I went to dinner with Greg and Lisa Smith. They are a couple in the ward and we had them over for dinner a few weeks ago. Greg is an author also.

Kim has been on quite the organizing and cleaning and decluttering spree! She has transformed many areas. I will need her energy on a few of my areas now also.

Wednesday morning Kim and I headed out on our trip to Colorado. We usually stop by Kneaders on the way out to get lunch for Kim (to save for later), but this time we just picked up a dessert for each of us (for later). Our Airbnb was called the Happy Hippie House and it was in Grand Junction. We made it there a bit after check in time at 3:00. On the way we stopped in Green River for Kim to get lunch at a little Mexican place.

We had a restaurant picked out to go out to dinner, but they were closed, so we had to pick another one. It was OK, and expensive, but the company was good, and we asked the waitress about the Grand Mesa and a particular route. She didn’t know since she was from out of town, but found another girl who could answer our question.

Thursday morning we headed up past Palisade and up onto the Grand Mesa. It’s the largest tabletop mountain in the world. Near the top our first hike was the Mesa Creek trail, which was very pretty but got a bit steep and rocky for Kim. On our hikes I nibbled on four different kinds of berries.

We then drove on further to the visitor center where I took a rest while Kim did some planning and journaling. Then our second hike was the Crag Crest trail which started quite high and then went higher up to a ridge. The views were amazing, and lots of lakes were scattered about. I hadn’t had a super night’s sleep and it really hit me getting back from that hike. It was kind of scary - I hadn’t felt that bad for many years. We finally made it back, and it took me a couple hours to recover.

We drove back and had a rest and then picked up some food for each of us to have in the Airbnb, which was actually more enjoyable and relaxing than the expensive restaurant the night before. On Wednesday we also found this Antique store that quite impressed both of us. A Robin’s Nest of Antiques and Treasures, or something like that. They didn’t have Kim’s Apple dishes, but did have a lot of a Desert Rose theme (dishes). So Friday morning we stopped there because I wanted to pick something up for my new office. I didn’t know exactly what I was looking for, but I knew I could find something that I really liked. It’s a flying eagle made with colored tiles in a wood frame, but it has a stained glass “look”. So I will hang that somewhere.

Both mornings I got up very early (in the dark) to go rock collecting. I just do that, I take after my Dad. Each day I had to wait in the car (resting) until it got light enough to see the rocks. I found a place by the Colorado river, and it had prettier rocks than my previous location by the Colorado on our last trip. I was able to get lots of jasper. I need to get one of my polishers going (both broken for different reasons).

Camden came to hang out this weekend and that has been nice. He is driving his motorcycle back this morning. He is enjoying college. We also had Integrity on Saturday, and we painted some of the new rocks I got in Colorado.

I have two boxes of paints, and climbing on a chair to see the colors…

Integrity: “Let’s see how much options we have.”
Me: “Where did you learn the word options?”
Integrity: “I just made it up right now”
Integrity: “Pink is the greatest color, and red is the goodest color too.”

September is my favorite month, and so far it’s been great..! Lots of harvest, beautiful weather, rock collecting, enjoying the yard, are some of what I enjoy about it. Kim actually took off work today (Monday) to do more home transformation. I will get a picture of our living room for next week.

Christopher and Kim Update September 27, 2021
Integrity - Sourdough - Office - Fall 

Last night we had Seth, Courtney, Integrity, Aaron and Parker over for a chicken dinner. Seth is busy with law school, and Courtney is still doing her Church History internship. Aaron is going to get a job welding, while he goes to school for welding also.

We already have our next trips planned for October and November. In October we are going to Nine Mile Canyon, and in November to St. George to see Jaiden in a musical and Janelle’s mission farewell.

I sure enjoy my new office! It’s always dark when I start work in the morning so I need a flashlight to make it up the stairs safely to unlock and office and turn on the heater. The total cost for the office was about $5300. That doesn’t count any of my time, but it does count Conner’s time (even if he worked a lot of it off for rent). I still have some final rockwork to do, but that can wait until it’s colder outside. I’m using the outside time now to work on the window well project and the corner wall.

Wednesday Conner and I went up to West Mountain to get some large rocks for either end of the wall down by the corner of our property. We took his trailer and then unhooked it there and manually pushed it back where we needed it. It’s too narrow of a ledge to back up all that way. We had the winch on the truck, but it gave out so we had to load the rocks manually. So we got our workout. Then in the afternoon he helped me get the two biggest rocks into place and put in with concrete.

Thursday Kim met with her Bunco group friends, over at Judy’s new house in Lindon. I went and worked at Grandma and Grandpa’s house even though they were in St. George visiting Wendy and Rick and family. I thought it would be nice for them to come home to clean bathrooms and a mowed and trimmed lawn. Then I took Cayson over to the high school for a meeting about a possible trip to Costa Rica in the summer of 2022 - an eco-humanitarian trip Cayson learned about via his AP Biology teacher.

Camden stopped by Friday and picked up Cayson for the weekend. Kadan and Christine stopped by Thursday evening on their way to some events in Salt Lake Friday and Saturday and Sunday. Kim met Aaron and his roommate Parker for a late lunch on Friday.

Saturday Kim went out with a couple friends for lunch, and then we got Integrity in the evening for a couple hours. We spent most of the time outside getting berries and eggs and playing in the treehouse.

Have a great week! Christopher and Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment