I know I just sent an update two weeks ago, but since I send an update to Janelle every Sunday night, maybe I can pass some of those along to the family also...
Rick got home from his second cruise to the Bahamas on Monday night and I picked him up from the airport. This trip was a little more stressful for us. One of the days he was gone there was a little construction accident near our home, knocking the power out on our street for 8 hours! So that was no fun! It was SO hot outside and starting to get hot inside too! The kids were bored and hot and we spent much of the time in the basement. During the outage Jaiden and Emily went to Cedar City to check out the apartment they will have in the fall. Then a couple of days later Josh was having trouble with his cell phone and reset our router and so then we didn't have wifi for a couple of days because none of us knew how to set it back up again. So we were glad to have Rick back to set it back up. The Tuacahn shows were cancelled at Tuacahn Thursday -- Tuesday due to Covid outbreaks in the cast, which means the show we were supposed to interpret for was cancelled again. Tuacahn has had a tough season this year! Earlier in the season there was a bad windstorm that broke several set pieces and caused some cancelled shows and then lots of shows have been cancelled due to Covid.
Josh went boating with his friends at Gunlock. I never did receive any pictures from his Young Men's leaders from his Lake Powell trip. They weren't allowed to have their phones on the trip, but I had hoped that the leaders would take some pictures and pass them along like the Young Women leaders did. At least he brought home a couple of pictures from this trip!
This week Jaiden was at FSY all week in Vegas. She had such an awesome experience -- both fun and spiritual!! She said this was definitely her favorite session by far. She said that their company was SO united and close -- no drama, no cliques -- every single person in their company got along so well. They bonded so quickly and had so much fun together. She said that they were all super involved in everything, including the optional activities such as the variety show and the musical program. She said that they were also the loudest and had the most hype -- and won the best cheer! Jaiden and Emily sang "Lost in the Woods" from Frozen for the Variety Show. ALL of the boys in their company were from Vegas, whereas the girls were from both Utah and Vegas. She said that she was sad to come home and misses everyone so much. They have already planned a big reunion party for two weeks from now in Vegas.
Friday was Evan's first birthday!! Jase and Ellen went to New York with Ellen's parents, who had flown in to stay with them for a few days. Ellen's dad watched Evan at the hotel while the rest of them went to see Wicked on Broadway! Fun!
Everett came down with something and Janika and Brandon ended up bringing him to the hospital over the weekend, so that was exhausting and expensive, but he seems to be doing a little better now.
Jared finished up his five weeks of FSY in Ephraim and is back in St. George for a week. Friday night Rick and I went to visit with our neighbors, Roy and Karen Phillips, before they leave on their mission to Iraq!
I have enjoyed swimming in our pool most days -- the water feels SO good! I also had several interpreting jobs last week.
Jenna has been hanging out with friends non-stop! Unfortunately she hung out with a friend whose dad had Covid, and even though he stayed isolated in a separate room in their house, Jenna somehow still managed to catch it! (At least we assume that is where she got it.) She woke up Saturday morning feeling sick and so I tested her and sure enough it was positive. She and I had gone ministering on Thursday and she visited one of her FSY friends on Friday, so I sure hope that she didn't spread it to any of them! I wouldn't stress too much about our family getting it again, except that Jaiden, Emily, Lizzie, and Rick leave for their cruise on Saturday and so they can't get sick right now! They have to get a negative covid test one or two days before in order to be able to go. So I am stressed about that! Pray for them that they will stay healthy!
Josh got hired on at Wendy's and they have been working him full time -- 8 hours a day!! He hates it! And then Tuacahn finally started scheduling him too! So he had two days working 12 hour days! From 8-4 at Wendy's and then from 7-11 at Tuacahn! He was exhausted! At least his paychecks will be good! And he needs it! Only problem is that we signed him up for two online summer classes, but now he doesn't have time to do any homework! So praying that everything works out and that he will be able to get his homework done! After comparing the two jobs he said that he likes Tuacahn WAY better!!
We were going to have a BBQ with the Williams for the Fourth of July tomorrow, but now we can't go since Jenna has Covid. She was also supposed to start a summer babysitting job this week, so that will have to be postponed also. Rick left for Florida early Saturday morning. I had to bring him to the airport at 4:00 a.m. Yuck! But he was able to meet with the deaf branch president out there and met several deaf youth and he said it was really neat. He will visit the deaf school tomorrow and then teach FSY Tuesday and Wednesday and then come home Thursday.
I have been going through a bunch of old mini videotapes (thanks Jen for letting us borrow your video camera!) Rick figured out how to get it hooked up to our computer. As I am going through the tapes I can see that we already have most of the videos copied to our hard-drives and youtube channel, but I did find a few things that had been missed and so those were some fun finds! It is so fun to watch these old tapes -- the kids are so cute with their sweet little voices! I am so proud of the fine adults that they have become, or are becoming! It is interesting to see the similarities in their looks and personalities with them as a child as compared to them as an adult!
Hope everyone has a great week! Wendy




No comments:
Post a Comment