(additional pictures in Dropbox and attached to the original emails)
********************************************************
Westra Family and Friends (September 05, 2022)
Happy Labor Day and Happy Birthday to me! I’m 56 years old today.
Here is a quick catch up on the news.
Kim had her eye surgery last Monday, so it’s now been one week. She is recovering well, and is looking forward to another week off work. She will get the stitches out next Monday.
Cayson and I caught Covid. The Westra boys went camping and must have passed it around there. The first couple days were pretty rough for me, but I’m doing well now. Cayson had it pretty mild but was more tired. I got a lot of family history done.
Conner is continuing to build our huge shed, and I’ve started the rockwork on one side. We have loads of peaches and are giving them away right and left.
Kim and I went to a Polynesian wedding for a boy in our ward, and that was a lot of fun, and good food..! They know how to throw a party.
Cute pic below of Integrity at two months and Charlotte at two months. Integrity was a bit more chubby at the same age. Charlotte is sassy and sticking her tongue out.
Kim went bowling with Aaron one day (before the surgery).
We have one chicken that refused to go to bed two nights in a row - choosing to stay up and watch a movie with Cayson through the window. “Ha ha, all the other chickens have to go to sleep - I stay up and watch movie wif’ Cayson”. See the pic below.
Have a super week! Camden started at Snow for his second year. Krystal is back in school. Seth Worthen is back in school. Boris is taking a break from work and studying for the LSAT. Seth and Aspen are coming along on their basement apartment.
Christopher and Kim
********************************************************
School, Bowling, Rocks, Christopher and Kim Update September 21, 2022
Hi all - I’ve been behind on updates, so this will cover the basics.
Conner and Amber went on a trip to Texas for a concert that has been postponed for a couple years due to Covid.
We went out to eat at Gourmandise with Mom and Dad one time, then with Conner and Amber, and also with Seth and Courtney and the girls. We’ve really enjoyed this restaurant - Courtney told Kim about it. Integrity told us about her new school.
Sunday we had Mom and Dad and Derek and Danielle and the girls over to dinner.
We are looking forward to our next hiking trip to Colorado National Monument starting Sunday, September 25. Kim has been enjoying bowling with the kids here and there. I’ve been enjoying the gorgeous September weather working on my yard projects (in multiple yards). I’ve also been helping Mom and Dad two days a week.
Cayson got invited to Hillcrest Homecoming by a girl he knows there - this Saturday.
Camden came up and spent a few days with us, which was really nice. He helped me get a big rock I’ve had my eye on for a couple years, and get it in place.
Boris had his 30th birthday. Aaron is working a lot. Seth and Aspen went on some camping trips.
********************************************************
Pretty Fall Leaves, Colorado, Sand and Rocks, Fun Fall ~ October 3, 2022
(Sent in October, but writing about September stuff, so I'm including in the Sept Update)
Wow, the time is going by so fast, I’m even falling behind on my family updates, which is very rare. We went to Integrity’s soccer game Saturday before we left on our trip, and than had Integrity in the afternoon for play sand, ping pong, tea time, and rock collecting. Here is a quick update below - and enjoy the pics!
I’ve been working a lot at Mom and Dad’s house. Camden came up and went to Comic Con with Aaron and Christine. Kim has been enjoying bowling with Aaron and with Cayson. Aaron bought her a bowling ball for her upcoming birthday, and I bought her some bowling shoes. Cayson did a project for psychology and I went to the school and checked it out. Kim and I went on our 757th date to the Real Foods Market Cafe. We really enjoyed General Conference and the good talks Saturday and Sunday. Kim and Cayson did a LOT on the weekend also moving him upstairs and dejunking rooms.
Kim and I went on another trip to Colorado from September 25 to September 28. The weather was beautiful. We got an Airbnb in Grand Junction. The first day we went to the Colorado National Monument Call Marcy good time there. We hiked the liberty cup trail in the morning, and then the rim trail from the visitor center in the afternoon. We stopped by Pablo‘s pizza and picked something up and took it back to the Airbnb because we hadn’t showered and cleaned up yet.
Our Airbnb was really cute, we had goats and cows for our neighbors, and some dogs and a really friendly stray cat who wanted us to give her attention whenever we were there.
It was a bit warm for late September, so on Tuesday we decided to go up to the Grand Mesa and hike there, where it would be several thousand feet higher. That was a good decision and we were able to see an abundance of fall leaves. See the pictures below. Lots of yellows, not so many reds. We had some beautiful hikes, I picked some better trails than the last time we were at the Grand Mesa last year. We first went on the Mesa Top trail, and then on the Mesa Lakes Trail.
We were following Google maps to find the first trailhead, and barely had any reception, but it said we were there, but there was no turn off. Sometimes when we are near a destination, it’s better if I just take over and drive around, rather than trying to direct Kim when we don’t know where we are going exactly.
So we finally found a place to turn around, and she asked me if she should do a U-turn. I had already told her that I could take over, but she probably didn’t hear me. So I answered her, “no, just get out of the car”. So then I took over and drove right into this big parking lot, and it happened to be the trail we were looking for, so I looked over at her and confidently said, “See, I found it!” We both just laughed.
I went and collected rocks by the Colorado River two of the three mornings.
No comments:
Post a Comment