Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Blackham Update (April 2009)


04012009 Blackham Update

I’ve attached a picture of Landon with his new and improved cast. It’s funny, he went to school the Friday after the accident and got everyone to sign the cast. He had a followup appointment the next Monday, where they added another layer ... so everyone got to sign the cast anew. And now again ...



Grayson took him into the doctor today. They had been a little concerned about the break not healing correctly, and there was some talk of having to reset it, but when they took the cast off it looked better than expected, so they went ahead and recast it. It’s smaller this time, which should give Landon a little more maneuverability. He has been having to do everything right-handed, but has been doing quite well with that. Even writing! He may be ambidextrous before this is over with.

Landon’s been doing so well that Gray and I have been using him as our babysitter, broken arm and all. He’s actually had a couple tough situations. Cooper has been sick and has thrown up a few times. One of these was on Landon’s watch, but Landon handled it fine, they got it in the bucket, and Landon wiped his mouth and got him settled back down.

Monday Gray and I went to play racquetball when we got a call saying Keaton’s lip was bleeding. Turns out Keaton tried to shave with Daddy’s razor, and succeeded in slicing off a small portion of his upper lip. Damp cloth and pressure was about all that could be done there. We had actually forgotten to bring our phone with us (the first time) but Landon followed protocol perfectly calling the gym and asking for us on the courts.  We did finish our game before going home *Ü*

I don’t have the official report card, but Landon got straight As! (Well, one was an A-, which he was pretty mad about). I’m very proud of this kid, I don’t get after him much, he’s doing most of it all on his own ... well except for a big project here and there that Grayson says I help a little too much with (but we have fun, and his Daggett County brochure turned out SO nice!).

A little Landon laugh ... he’s always up so early, and always gets off to the bus stop without any encouragement from me (truthfully, since the time change I’ve pretty much been in bed until after he leaves). I was super surprised to have him come back one morning saying he had missed the bus. I really couldn’t believe it! I finished up a couple of things and then went to drive him to school. As we were going, we noticed kids still walking (did everyone miss the bus??) and when we turned the corner, there was the bus! Landon had actually left SO early that morning that he got there before anyone else was even there.  I should have known.

So that’s the little Landon update ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment