Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Blackham Update (05-23-2017)

Blackham Update (05-23-2017)

I read all your messages and generally have replies for everyone ... but I don't always get around to getting on the computer and writing them up...

Congrats to Kim on her graduation! Good luck with what is next. I haven't purchased ANY flowers this year. I did buy a couple tomato plants and they seem to have survived the cold snap okay. I've planted a few things. I see the lettuce coming up, but no sign of the pumpkin, zucchini, and squash. I was just using last years seed. I'd figure they would still be good, but who knows.

Grayson will be very jealous of Shane and Alicia going to see Hamilton. On one of his visits to Seattle, his brother introduced him to the music. Olivia (and thus Ana's two young boys) know all the music too. I've listened to some, but it's a little too "rappy" for me. Landon seems to like it as well though ...

Fun seeing the action shots of Jared's track ... I remember running track and the relay, passing the baton! One of my Zumba instructor's sons lost a leg (lawnmower accident) but is very active (he's young, 10 or so). Sports, and just recently she's been posting some videos of him with a dance group (on his prosthetic, similar to the one Wendy mentioned at their track meet). 

As for all going here ... (some stuff sounds familiar, but I don't think I've written in a bit. Sorry if anything is repetitive. I do write in my journal too, maybe it was there).

Last week on Mother's Day, we had a couple scares with the baby birds. Landon went down to give the ducklings their morning rations ... and there were only three, not four! We found the forth under the table, and have NO IDEA how it got out. Happily, he's back with his siblings. We've been letting the big babies run loose in the backyard. I keep an eye on them from my window. As I was looking ... there was just one gosling! We followed the poop trail and she had gotten into the front yard, but wasn't anywhere to be seen. A neighbor, seeing us searching, upon hearing it was for a baby goose "oh it that yours? We saw it following a little girl on a bike down the sidewalk". So off we went running around the neighborhood and did come upon a family gathered in their front yard, a little girl on a bike. It had totally followed her home halfway around the neighborhood. We got that silly goose back home too ... grounded, in the pen for the day. We're back to letting them out, but have put obstructions over the open space in the gate. The last two years, our ducks have never gone under it (although our wild momma and babies did). 



Gray is exercising and eating right again ... and changes are visible already (in looks, and blood pressure readings). 

Landon has started his regular shifts at Discover. They vary but are usually early in the mornings ... as early as 5:00 some days.

Callahan ducked out of school early Thursday and went with a bunch of buddies to St. George for the weekend. A senior trip. Keaton got to use Callahan's car while he was away, and wished he was gone longer! ;)



Keaton got his braces off ... he hates the retainers though. They are the jelly, clear ones and he says they have a terrible taste all the time.

Coop is obsessed with the NBA playoffs, and loves "The Dunk King" shows that often air after games (people doing crazy dunks).

Poor Colton had a horrible bloody nose at his basketball practice this past Thursday. While I hate to miss games, I don't care about practices and often don't stay. Good thing I had this day, because he was a mess! The bathroom didn't have paper towels, and he didn't think to grab toilet paper and came running out of the bathroom trying to catch the deluge in his cupped hands. Blood all over his face, dripping down his arms and onto the floor. I had noticed him missing from the drills and had gone to check on him (luckily) and a lifeguard had us come to their first aid station (as we really needed a sink to clean up, and I wasn't sure what to do otherwise ... him in the girls bathroom, me in the boys ... compounded by the fact that they are changing rooms in addition to bathrooms). I had a little "blood" issue myself, a blood vessel burst in my eye, making one side red (instead of the usual white). I looked rather evil (it's almost gone now). 

This week and next for school. Callahan's graduation is on Thursday, June 1. Crazy!
 

Jen and da boys (and the ducks and da geese and da kitties and the fish)

No comments:

Post a Comment