Monday, May 1, 2017

Shane&Alicia Update (May 1, 2017)


Sent: 05/1/2017   From Shane
Subject: California Westra Update -- May 1 2017    Mon, 1 May 2017 22:50:45 -0700

Just a quick update from our neck of the woods (literally...starting with camping): 


  • Camping at Pinnacles: Our Ward had scheduled a Fathers and Sons campout without knowing there was a Relief Society activity on that Saturday, but as it is really hard to get camping reservations, it was turned into an unofficial activity for anybody that wanted to go. So I took the kids, and gave Alicia some much needed alone time. The kids and I had a blast, we did a 2.5 mile hike Friday night, and enjoyed some caves (although it took a long time to convince them to go in them); and Saturday we did a 6 mile hike that lead to other caves. And it was fun to visit with ward friends, and let the kids all play together (see pics below). Alicia went to dinner with some of the women in the ward, and went to the Stake Women's Conference. 
  • Young Women in Excellence: Adria worked really hard to get her Knowledge Project done, a collection of recipes she gathered; many of which she cooked for the family. We've really enjoyed her cooking, and she has as well! 
  • Busy at Webdam: We've had a bit of turnover at work (somewhat normal after promotion and raises are given out), so I've been doing a lot of interviewing -- looking for a Director of QA and Director of Product Management. We have some good candidates, so hopefully we can get people hired and start training them. 
  • Utah Trip Planning: We are thinking of making our Semi-Annual Utah Pilgrimage via SUV, leaving here on Thurs July 13, arriving back in CA on Sat July 22. So mark your calendars! 
That's all for now!

Shane, Leashee, Adria, Mirella, and Calder

From Wendy: Thanks for the update, Shane!! Fun hike and cute pictures! That reminded me that I neglected to mention that Josh had his first overnight scout camp this past weekend – the same night that Rick and I were gone. It sounds like he had a fun time! I loved when our girls did personal progress projects that consisted of cooking too!


No comments:

Post a Comment