Email update January 25, 2021
Hi all, we were happy to see the inauguration proceed smoothly, and enjoyed the inaugural poet..! She was incredible. I tend to be picky when it comes to other people's poetry, but I loved what she had to say, and the way she said it.
We received our ping pong table this week! Cayson was so excited to get it set up and is improving rapidly. We have the baseboards and they are painted but we still need to get them on. We ordered some new blinds for the windows. And, I’m going to fill in and improve some of the rock fireplace (my skills are better now than when I built it). I’ve done a little on the outside office but we’ve mostly focused on the ping pong room. Kim wants a couple other areas painted also.
Friday evening we hosted a dinner for Aaron since he is heading back out on his mission. We tried to keep the numbers moderate. Aaron, Camden and Cayson, Seth and Aspen, Courtney and Seth and Integrity, and Krystal and Boris. Conner had some dinner and Amber had to work late. Camden took Cayson back to Midvale for the weekend. Aaron will get set apart as a missionary tonight and then leave tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.
Saturday we had Integrity - we made cookies, and built a fort, and read books, all the usual stuff. But this is the first time that we’ve gone snow shoveling together. We had quite a bit of snow Saturday. She tried to throw some snowballs at me but they kind of stuck to her gloves.
We shoveled our driveway, and then went up toward the neighbors. She started lagging behind, So I called down to her
Me: “ integrity, come up here“
Integrity: “I’m going inside“
Me: “why?“
Integrity: “I’m cold“
Me: “what part of you is cold?“
Integrity: “I’m cold on my whole body“
Saturday night we streamed the adult session of stake conference, and it was very good. Then Sunday morning we had the conference again at 10 o’clock, listening to it from home. Camden drove Cayson back Sunday evening and join us for dinner and ping-pong.
We made our 225th Kiva loan to Akylai in Kyrgyzstan. Kim and I Have donated in 84 countries, and presently Kiva is only in 77 countries. The actual number of countries is constantly fluctuating due to political and other changes.
Thursday Corin and I went to work at grandma's. Corin took Grandma’s phone and Apple watch to Derek’s house so he could program their new ones and Grandpa got an Apple Watch also.
We started the Cousins Family Search Scavenger Hunt, which I plan to do every Sunday.
Here is Prosperity Poem 107 - The Company You Keep
https://prosperitypoems.com/delivery107TheCompanyYouKeep.html
Have a super week!
Christopher and Kim

No comments:
Post a Comment