Monday, November 8, 2021

Messages from Mom - November 2021


Monday ~ November 1, 2021
We are paring down the number of tomato cages we have. We will keep 9 and these other 9 are available to anyone who wants them. They are ones that Chris has made and given to us over the years. They work better than the short cages you buy. These are 5 ft. tall, so allow the tomatoes to grow upward. Being that tall, they are a little difficult for someone to come pick up. Let us know if you want them or let your married kids with a garden know.






Monday ~ November 8, 2021

Thanks so much to all of our kids for the pebble ice machine! That will be awesome! I think Jen and Gray love theirs-------------who doesn't love pebble ice! Especially since our ice maker is broken and I have missed it sorely! You know I am a N....ICE lady! Thank you all---------I know they are very expensive and you all outdid yourselves to contribute to buy it! I will love it!

Derek said it is supposed to arrive at our house tomorrow. Chris will be here working if we are gone (or even if we are not gone). We are trying to decide whether to go Tues. or Wed. to St. George. I want to have enough time and energy to help Wendy bake and make crockpot soups and breads for the meal for everyone Sun. after church before you all head home. And for any friends that come over after the farewell.

We had a nice birthday dinner at D & D's last night! Danielle made a very special recipe with a long name that takes 5 hours and many special ingredients to prepare. A Julia Child recipe---from the movie about Julie and Julia.

Then Amy wrote about Hale Theater this Friday. We would have loved that, but will be in St. George. I love going to Hale Theater and seeing the shows. They are all so well done.

We will see Jaiden in the lead of their school musical on Sat. night.

It will be easier for Wendy and Rick to get through the emotional roller coaster of Janelle's farewell and preparing to leave on her mission, because she will be doing MTC from home, on the computer, for the first two weeks. Then she does get to go to the Provo MTC after that. We are all glad she doesn't have to do all the MTC experience on the computer at home, as many missionaries had to during covid. How long will she be at the Provo MTC------------during Christmas or leave before then? Since Mandarin is such a difficult language. She will be set apart Sun. evening as a missionary---so that will make her life a little harder being a missionary, with missionary rules, but still at home.

I remember when McKenna left shortly before Christmas and spent Christmas in the MTC. She was there extra long, as she was in the first batch of missionaries going out after the Oct. conference announcement of lowering the missionary ages. The Church was still trying to work it all out.

Calder got his covid shot on Sat. Did he have any reaction at all? Shane and Calder came to our house for a visit Sat. night and he seemed fine. Grandpa played with Calder and Shane and I talked house and
looked at photos of things for the new house. They have been framing for a couple weeks.

I think Danielle said they had appts. Tues. for their girls to be immunized. Shane does also. Shane got a new church calling yesterday that he or Alicia can write about, if they have time. Life is so busy for everyone! And Alicia has two callings, which are a natural for her talents! Derek's stake has been divided and he is very busy helping the new stake president get all the callings filled and worked out.

I hope Chris and Kim and Cayson will love their new ward---change is hard. I remember when they created our 13th ward when dividing the 11th ward. Many people became active because they were so needed in the new ward.

We are going to Shane and Alicia's for Thanksgiving. A "heads up" so you know we are taken care of. Kim has her Thanksgiving dinner two weeks early for us and their kids, so she can have Thanksgiving off and go to a movie, so we will enjoy that also. Last year with covid, we had to miss Thanksgiving and Christmas with family. Thought D & D brought a Thanksgiving dinner here to us that evening, which was nice.

We plan on Christmas Eve here this year. We hope the new house will be finished before the next Christmas, but who knows! We plan on cutting down our beautiful blue spruce tree in our front yard for our Christmas tree this year, before it gets to big--if it isn't already. We had planned on using it last year, before Covid hit. Do all you kids remember how in our other house, we did that many years---cut trees from our yard. And when they were not blue spruce, but that other more sparse kind, we could bend up a branch we would leave on the bottom and it would grow a new tree---so we were able to use several of them over and over from the same roots.

Integrity does say the cutest things---I'm glad you record them. We want all of them recorded in our dropbox folder "Cute things the grandkids say and do." They will love hearing them when they grow older!

Our new bishop just texted me Happy belated Birthday. We were his very first Tithing Settlement appt. yesterday as bishop. One more thing to cross off our list! Shane said they went yesterday also.

Many of our grandchildren texted also. I felt loved.

Come on over for a visit and I will give you a drink with my new pebble ice!!!!!!

love, Mom, Margie, Grandma

Sunday, November 28, 2021

Pray for us to do a good job in our talks, please!
  • Wendy: I tuned in! You both did great!!
  • Derek: Sounds like you did an awesome job! (picture below) I’ll bet you’re glad that is over and done! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment