Monday, February 27, 2017

Chris&Kim (Feb 27, 2017)

Sent: 02/27/2017   From Chris
 Subject: Camden Ski Trip - Harmony - Drug Free? Christopher and Kim Update - February 27, 2017



Westra Family and Friends (February 27, 2017)

Yesterday we went to hear Courtney and Seth speak in church, and they did a great job.  Aaron, Krystal, and Kadan went with us, so they had some good support.  Then we had a family dinner later at our house with Kadan, Krystal, Aaron, Seth, and Courtney, and then played the spy master game with them.  Krystal’s car died so she has been using mine again.

Monday we went out to eat at the Olive Garden with Courtney and Seth.  Not my favorite restaurant, but the company was good, and it was nice to catch up on their lives.  Monday morning Elder Seth Taylor headed out to New Jersey.  We did get a short note that he arrived safely but that is all we’ve heard.  We should hear from him tomorrow and find out who his companion is.

Tuesday I went on a mountain run.  I could see from the weather report that it was going to get snowy and cold, so I wanted to get up there.  I ran/hiked up a steep ridge to the top of G mountain.  I was shooting for the old reservoir on top, but once I got on top there was too much snow, so I didn’t make it to the reservoir.  

Saturday Kim went and helped a friend pack up in the afternoon, and then in the evening she and Krystal helped at Grace Hansen’s wedding.  After that, we watched an episode of Scorpion, and Krystal and Kadan joined us.  We finally finished season 2.  We don’t watch much with Kim going to school Monday through Thursday each week.  Kadan had been up to Logan again for training.  He is supposed to be driving by now but they messed up on his drug screening and they won’t let him drive the bus until he is drug free…  ha ha, I mean until they can prove he is drug free.

Here is something I’m promoting right now - check it out at the link below:


Camden went skiing with his scout troop in Gunnison.

From Camden, below, about his ski trip.

Then we decided(joshua and seth) to go over to the blue ranked hills. We went skiing there some and it was really fun i would be going soo fast and my hood would blow off. We went down the blue hills more and i would go on little trails in the trees. One time i was gonna go though a tight trail and there was a snowboarder there and his snowboard was crossing the trail!! I jumped over him and into a tree kinda and one of my skiis came off. The snow went tup to my waist!! And i got snow in my skii boots. My legs started getting tierd on the skii lifts because the skiis and boots weighed like 10 pounds. One time o was going down a steep hill and i needed to slow down so i went on a trail going into the trees and i saw a small bump and i made it over that one then i saw a big bump and i was going really fast. I went flying off the bump and bolth my skiis came fllyying off of me and i sprained my wrist.

Have a super week.

Christopher

P.S.  The word of the week is gamut:  the complete range or scope of something.



No comments:

Post a Comment