Subject: Super Brief D&D Update Hey Family, Sat, 18 Feb 2017 14:17:34 -0700
Welcome Home Landon! Haha, so, I started this email weeks ago, and still haven't sent it, so I'm just going to do my bullet list so I can actually get something out for once! :)
- Work has been crazy. We are preparing a Humanitarian Report to thank members and donors to the Church Humanitarian fund for their unprecedented donations. I'm no script-writer, but I ended up being in charge of writing the script for President Eyring and Bishop Causse and Sister Burton (so that was fun). :)
- I'm doing some work for a non-profit called Young Investors' Society in all of my free time. :) It's been fun actually since it's got a start-up feel. They just interviewed Mark Cuban and I'm in charge of helping to market it. One of the things we're doing is a Dollar-a-Day challenge for students who sign up to fun a Young Investor's club in high-school. If any of your kids are interested you can find out about it here: http://yis.org/learn/programs/the-dollar-a-day-challenge/ - did you know that if a 15 year old invests $1 a day, he/she can have $1.4 million at retirement (with an aggressive return and compounding interest). Our little non-profit does a free match for qualifying students.
- I saw this cool tip about how to start your 1-year food storage for just under $50 a month. http://storethisnotthat.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/basic-year-supply-for-10-a-week-3.pdf -- This highlights buying food storage from the Church which is highly discounted since we have so much volunteer labor and subsidies. :)
- Danielle took a french cooking class at our local Harmon's the other week and learned how to make some French pastries. She had to work with a group though and wanted to do it herself when she got home. She made the most amazing eclairs this week. They were so good! And the best part is that the girls didn't like them, so there were more for me!
- Noelle took her first steps last night! We were in the basement and she just stood up and took a couple steps! She'll be walking soon!
- I got a call from a big company called LightHaven who is interested in our modern temple and LDS artwork. They would like us to bring some of our paintings into their board meeting next week sometime so we're trying to get ready for that. They sell art at Costco and all around, and it would be fun to maybe have a piece included in their offering at some point!
Hope all is well with ya'll. :) Talk to you soon!
Derek, Danielle, Ani, Layla and Noe
No comments:
Post a Comment