Monday, April 17, 2017

Blackham Update (04172017)

Callahan's Senior Pictures

Last week was our Spring Break here ... we didn't do anything exciting. The little boys and I went bowling one day. I offered to take them to the inflatable play (was JumpNBouce, new ownership now it's HiJump) but they were content to just hang with each other around the house. Keaton took off to be with friends most days, and Cal was busy with work and friends. He got his senior pictures taken this week ... now I just need to make up a graduation announcement. Callahan left on Friday for a basketball tournament in Idaho. This is a "friend" team ... there are three of them that were on the Varsity team at the high school, and then some friends they used to play with (had been on the Sophomore team with them a couple years ago). They were undefeated, taking 1st place in the tournament. Cal got home Sunday and went into work at KFC.





Keaton had interviewed at In&Out the week before, going through three interviews ... but then they never called. So he's a bit disappointed. It would have been great, good pay and close! So he's thinking about other options, but Spring basketball is starting ... apparently tonight (and we just found out that today). Not much notice! Luckily he and I are free (it's not until 9:00 ... I'm often going to bed at 9:00!)

Landon has been in training at Discover Card. Training is part time, 8-2 most weekdays. Not sure when he'll move into actual "work" and what his schedule will be. Landon has been running when he's done with work (as he doesn't get steps like he did with his framing job). He upgraded his Fitbit to the Blaze. I upgraded Cooper to the Alta. You should see both of them on the family Fitbit steps. I've been trying to up my activity too (although I know it's the eating that is the issue for weight control). 

Gray didn't have any derbies this "Spring Break" week, but he has two this week, and FOUR next week. April is often a busy derby month.

The Washington Blackham's (Gray's brother Kolby and family) were here this past weekend, so there were a few get-togethers with them these past couple days. Our Easter was quite low-key ... some years it's almost been like Christmas, but there wasn't much this year. Without the Westra party (prepping the eggs usually has me shopping and getting everything out at least a week in advance). I meant to pull the plush ears out ... but they are up in the shed now, and it felt like too much work for just our boys. S just some candy and a couple small toys for the little boys. A new "rubic" type cube that's been driving Keaton and Landon crazy (it's got no colors, it's mirrored, and the "squares" aren't all the same size either). We missed Callahan Easter morning ... actually Grayson too as he was meeting Kolby for breakfast. I put out the baskets Saturday night and told the boys not to look ... but then decided they could go ahead and get into them (while Daddy was home). 


The Reeses eggs are a favorite with the older boys (and me) ... I actually prefer the ratio of chocolate to PB filling over the regular cups. Cal and Keaton really like the Cadbury mini eggs ... those are ones so many people rave about, but they just don't tempt me. Just plain chocolate with a candy coating ... we love the FavorREDs jelly beans ... all shades of red. Red IS the best. I made our annual meringue nests once, and made some sugar cookie eggs that we decorated (we didn't get around to hard boiling and dying actual eggs). 

JenB and da Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment