Sunday, April 2, 2017

Chris&Kim (4/2/2017)

Sent: 04/2/2017 From Chris
Subject: Conference, Fungus, - Christopher and Kim Update April 2, 2017 Sun, 2 Apr 2017 09:05:59 -0600

Westra Family and Friends (April 2, 2017).

Hi all, it’s been a full weekend. Courtney and Seth came over this morning for breakfast early (French Toast) because they were going to the morning session of General Conference downtown.

Friday Camden and Cayson came early since Casandra had an appointment down in this area. We were glad to get them early! That evening Kim and I and Camden and Cayson went to see Hidden Figures, about the women who worked in NASA. It was an excellent movie, one of the best we have seen in a while. 

Krystal had two friends come and stay for the weekend, for mission reunions and conference. Kirstin and Danny both served in Chile as missionaries. Krystal and Kirstin were companions. Krystal picked them up from the airport and they drove up north to their mission reunion, and then came back here late. Danny was able to get four tickets to conference, so he and Kirsten and Kim and Aaron went to the Saturday afternoon session of Conference. Krystal had to work Saturday. They went dancing last night after the Priesthood session of Conference.

Back to the rest of the week. Elder Westra did finally get transferred.

Wednesday looked like the best day weather-wise so I went on a mountain run. I left from Blackhawk Drive (right near here), and went up and across to Dry Canyon, then crossed Dry Canyon and continued South in the high foothills toward Provo Canyon. It was an awesome run, I felt really good on the way back and really ran hard. I met another runner up there, Golden Harper, who I’ve met at some of the mountain races. 201 floors, 18,000 steps.

I did reach 2000 total downloads for apps, and I did (finally) get banner ads on two of my free apps. That was the hardest programming thing I’ve done so far. It reminds of the time about 13 years ago when building my first website. I just didn’t know anything - so it took a while. Now I can build websites easily. Here is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, with the same idea.

“That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do, not that the nature of the thing has changed but that our power to do has increased.” Here is the quote from the Margie’s Messages site.

I also had an appointment with Dr. Wright for some labs and consultation on Wednesday. There are signs that a fungus infection is a major part of what’s going on with me, so we are trying some new treatments, and researching up on that topic. In the past few months the intestinal pain has become a lot worse, so we have to do something. I’m grateful for Kim and her support and prayers and research. 

Kim and I are enjoying having so much time together, while she is off work and going to school. 

Christopher and Kim

P.S. The word of the day is timbre - the character or quality of a musical sound or voice as distinct from its pitch and intensity. From Elder Holland’s talk in Conference.

A couple pics of Elder Westra - We didn't get any from Elder Taylor this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment