Monday, April 27, 2020

Chris&Kim~ Update April 2020

8 pictures - Aaron coming home today 
Mon, Apr 6, 6:24 AM

Westra Family and Friends (April 6, 2020)

We are going to pick up Aaron this morning! His flight will arrive at 11:10. We don’t know yet whether he will be reassigned or released. We aren’t even sure whether he will be staying here or at his Dad’s house - he will decide. He is supposed to be in isolation for 14 days but that will be difficult with his personality.

Kim and I really enjoyed General Conference and thought it was one of the best ever. I had a rough weekend with more abdominal and other pain than usual, and a rough night, so I’m just taking today hour by hour. Though I try not to talk about it much in these updates, the daily energy swings, fatigue, and intestinal pain and trouble do wear on me. But I keep going as well as I can. I always do my best, but my best is definitely better at some times than others.

I had many favorite talks. This one by President Oaks was excellent.  https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/general-conference/2020/04/media/6147269400001?lang=eng

I’ve been working on the window well project outside. Kim and I have been enjoying our evenings - here is one video we enjoyed. It’s a video telling about the last week of Christ’s life, to help prepare for Easter and the resurrection. https://youtu.be/bvgJ8o4FfD8

Below is Prosperity Poem 72 - Pressing Forward, specifically written for the world at this time. Thanks Thea for continuing to make the beautiful poem backgrounds. https://prosperitypoems.com/delivery72PressForward.html


And here is a video about how soap works (Thea sent it for Krystal - science teaching idea)

On Margie’s Messages, I’ve been adding links to articles on the Come Unto Christ site, from various topics. Here is the page on Forgiveness. http://margiesmessages.com/forgiveness.html

We have had lots of snuggling time with our cat (see pic). They've never been that close before (unless they were fighting).

Have a super week!
Christopher and Kim


10 Pictures - Aaron home - Easter - 200th Kiva Loan
Westra Family and Friends (April 13, 2020)

Good morning - we hope you all had a good Easter Weekend..! Monday Kim and I went and picked up Aaron at the airport. We were instructed to wait in the parking lot, which we did. We welcomed him home and brought him to our house. Kim took Monday off work and then her boss texted and told her to just take the whole week off. So we have been able to spend a lot of time with him.


He was released Monday evening, over the phone. President Brown told him that the church said he had two options. Option one is to go back out as soon as possible to somewhere in the states when proselyting opens up here. Option two is to delay the remaining seven months of his mission (even for an entire year), and then go back out with a new release date.

Tuesday Kim and I took Aaron up to West Mountain, and they went on an hour and a half hike while I gathered rocks for the window well project.

This week I made my 200th Kiva microenterprise loan - see the list below. I’ve been making lots of them to Peru, since Aaron was there. http://lightisreal.com/lightfund.html In total I’ve lent $12,700, with only $1963 put into Kiva, because the repayment rate for the microenterprise loans is so high, at least with Kiva. The loans were given out in 83 countries, and another 19 loans were made by people I have invited. Here is my invitation link - https://icreatelove.com/kiva/. It’s very rewarding and in some of these countries, just $25 makes a big difference. The repayment rate is 97 percent! Start small, and then just keep going - help me make a difference. As conditions improve for one family, the entire country is lifted up.

We had a good Easter - it was simple. We did church at 11:00 with Aaron. Camden and Cayson will come this week to be here for a while. Krystal and Courtney stopped by on their bikes on Saturday morning.


Have a super week.
Christopher and Kim

Boys here - Getting them outside - Update - April 20, 2020

Westra Family and Friends 

Hi all - Saturday we were able to play with Integrity for much of the day. She helped Kim make a dessert in the kitchen, and she worked with me outside mulching the garden areas and taking care of the chickens.


In the afternoon I took Aaron and Camden and Cayson up to a place in the mountains where I found a sinkhole and a possible cave. We dug around and made it deeper, it does keep going back. Then in the late afternoon and evening we took a lot of supplies to grandma and grandpa, and visited with them in the backyard, 6 feet away. Aaron and Camden and Cayson went and played tennis at the tennis court.

They also gave us some water storage containers and an emergency potty. I picked up my canna lily bulbs which I stored there over the winter.

Camden and Cayson came to our place Tuesday, so they’ve been able to hang out with Aaron quite a bit. Aaron’s Dad got him a car. Adam likes Hondas so that’s what he got for Aaron. Seth Taylor gave Aaron the information to start applying at KCI, where he works. So hopefully he can get a job there. Aaron has pretty much decided to wait a year and then go serve his remaining months when the world has opened back up.

Friday the boys and I went and got rocks up at West Mountain. Well, I got rocks and they played around and went hiking, which was the plan. I’m pretty picky on the rocks. I did have them help me get one large rock (for a bench) while I had Camden and Aaron. 

Here is Prosperity Poem 73 - A Man Named Wealth

Other than that - Kim worked, and I did computer work. Camden and Cayson did their online schooling. Aaron has completed his 14 days of isolation. Kim colored her own hair, for the first time, since her regular hair lady isn't seeing anybody. 

Have a super week -
Christopher and Kim





Camden Bday, Unicycle, Bunny, treehouse, Guard cat - Poem 74  
Christopher and Kim Update April 27, 2020

Westra Family and Friends,

Happy birthday to Camden today! He is 18 years old. We got him a motorcycle helmet for his new motorcycle. And happy sixth birthday to Layla on Saturday, and to Wendy in a couple days

Aaron and Cayson have done our church lessons the last couple of weeks and they both did a great job! Cayson used Grandma Westra’s Margie’s Messages site to work up a lesson on prayer. Last evening Kim and I went out to the treehouse to enjoy the evening - for the first time this year.

Wednesday Kim had the day off and had a root canal. She did great and we left the endodontist a great review. Kim was still able to enjoy the rest of the day.

Aaron is getting a job with Seth working for KCI - he is already hired. He is excited to start.

Cayson bought a unicycle a while ago and now his best friend bought one also. They are both doing well on them. See pic below.



Kadan and Christine went on a day trip to Red Cliffs State Park. Their graduation ceremony would have been Friday, April 24th and we were planning on going - Kim had the day off. But then the world changed.

Conner is doing a lot of work at Casandra’s house - see pic. His new window well is going faster than my multi-year window well project! But, mine is prettier. Pic of each below.



Kim shared a video with me - an interview with Walter O Brien - IQ 197. The hit TV show Scorpion is based on him and his company. We enjoyed the show. I recommend the video especially for those interested in the future (everyone I hope). He talks candidly about a lot more than Covid, and gives some hints about some possible future changes in the world and business. https://youtu.be/IKaKT1OSw3I


Here below is the link to prosperity poem 74, Your Given Ground, inspired by Jacob Chapter 5, the allegory of the olive trees. https://prosperitypoems.com/delivery74YourGivenGround.html


We hope you have a great week! I’ve tried to collect pics from various family members even though we may not have seen them. 

Christopher and Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment