Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Blackham Update March 2020


Whew! What a month!

Basically ... Things aren't THAT different for Gray, Landon and Callahan. They are all still working. Gray's company did get everyone set up to work from home (everyone that can, they bought a bunch of laptops, did some set-up). But with the office empty ... Grayson has still been going to work rather than trying to work from home (although he could if he has to). 

Landon's job with LKL Associates is still selling materials ... maybe even more, as some other companies have closed up right now. Not a lot of face-to-face. Able to do what they need without getting too close. Callahan's job too ... wiring empty houses, just a few fellows. So his job hasn't been impacted. Keaton's job at Nike was one of the first companies to voluntarily close their doors. They are still paying their employees too! With his college classes moved online, Keaton has joined Callahan back on the job as an apprentice electrician. He'd put in a few months last fall, but didn't feel like it was something he wanted to stick with ... but so nice that he was able to immediately walk onto a full-time job (so he's making a lot MORE money than he was, now working full time, plus getting Nike wages). He fits in his schooling on the side, and has struggled a bit with limiting social with friends.

Ironically, this whole "stay at home and online school" is just Cooper's everyday life. Not much changing for me ... except I think he enjoys having his brothers around more. There has been a LOT of game playing going on! I pulled out a bunch of games, a "quarantine challenge" to try some of the ones that aren't played regularly. They have gotten to quite a few, but there are a lot more games still waiting.

I was worried that this would be hard on Colton, who like Keaton, is very social and loves his sports. His Wolves had just gotten back together and had a ton of tournaments planned ... all of which were canceled. He's adapted really well to online school, and is usually done in just a couple hours. 

Then, there was the earthquake (I also got a blog post about it up ...
but I think we already emailed all our stories about that ;) 

Callahan was in a car accident ... very similar to Keaton's. He was going straight when a lady turned left into him. He was in the work van, and while it's banged up, it's still drivable, so the impact isn't as bad as with Keaton's accident last Fall (we are STILL dealing with things, haven't been able to get the title to get the car registered and legal, and now the DMV lobbies are closed and I saw on the news that it was 5+ hours waiting in line at the drive through!)  Keaton is still keeping in contact with his friend Elvis, who injured his eye. Still crossing our fingers that his eye will be okay. Right now he can't see (the right eye), but they are hoping it isn't permanent.  Cal's foot is still not healed ... we weren't sure if they would push his appointment with everything going on, but he still went in last Monday, but the crack looks about the same as last month. Colton's orthodontist appointment HAS been pushed ... Callahan has teased him that he'll be in braces forever because of all that's going on ...

Kate's family had a little scare with her mom spiking a fever - but she tested negative for Covid-19. Cal and Kate are glad they don't have to be quarantined from each other for 2+ weeks. 

I'm pretty spoiled with my home gym ... and I know enough Zumba that I could still do it on my own. Not that I'd need to, so many instructors are offering classes online. But, it's hard to stay motivated!

I think that's the basic update from the Blackham Bunch ...

I went ahead and did a blog update for March. 

No comments:

Post a Comment