Thank you for the update, mom! Wow, that's a lot of money for sprinklers! Now I don't feel quite as bad about ours, haha! We just hired a sprinkler guy to do some work for us last week. He was here for about 4 hours and it cost over $320.00, which was a lot more than we were anticipating. He charged by the hour and we didn't think it would take that long. He fixed the stations for the backyard and side yard. We still have more work that needs to be done in the flower beds in the front yard, but decided to wait on it.
That is nice of the Nelsons from The Piano Guys to send nice music out to the missionaries!
Yesterday morning I went downstairs and noticed water on our freezer room floor, leaking into the food room and on to the carpet. It was leaking from the water heater. We had a leak just over a year ago and they had fixed a pipe on it. It had been quite a mess last year because he thought the water was turned off and it wasn't and he flooded the whole room down there and the food room and part of the carpet. It took several days for everything to dry out. Luckily this time it wasn't as bad, but we did need a new water heater. Rick went to Home Depot to buy one because it was a lot cheaper than getting it through this company. But the plumber who came still installed it. So that was nice get it all taken care of so quickly. The old one has been there since we moved here 16 years ago and I think it was there quite a few years before that. The plumber said the older ones like we had last 20 to 25 years but that they don't make them like that anymore. Now they only make them to last 8 to 10 years, which is too bad. He said that their warranty was six years but the warranty for the Home Depot one says 12 years.
I'm sure glad it happened yesterday and not today. Since Janelle missed her Senior Ball we thought it would be fun to do our own family "prom" at home. So we are going to do that tonight in the basement. It is a mess right now because of pulling everything out of the freezer room, plus I have to go through all of the Christmas storage in order to find the strobe lights we use for New Year's. I guess I should start storing those somewhere more accessible in the future! We decided to have a masquerade (MASK-arade) in honor of covid-19. So they could either wear the fancy masks that you hold up to your eyes or a covid-19 face mask! A couple of our kids have been to a masquerade ball before and I knew we had some masks, but I couldn't find them anywhere. So I told Jenna to make some fancy masks. She is so good at that sort of thing! She looked up some things on the internet and made some masks with poster board, or actually paper plates I think, and construction paper, some Christmas tinsel, gel pens, bubble paint, gold sparkly nail polish and so forth. They turned out so good that she decided to "sell" some and so Rick and I and Jase and Ellen are all going to buy one from her for a dollar each. She and Josh made one out of some of that sequin material that you use on flippy pillows where you rub it one way and it changes color and that one turned out really cool also. At first Josh was NOT excited about the whole prom thing, but as soon as they got into the mask making he got excited about it and now he is convinced that he will win first place in the mask contest, haha! I didn't even know we were having a contest, but apparently we are! Jaiden is taking this pretty seriously and is freaking out because she doesn't have a dress. She doesn't fit into Janika's former tiny size 2 prom dresses -- or in Janelle's -- and doesn't like the style of those anyway and we can't go thrift store shopping to get one since they are all closed. But I'm sure she'll figure out something!
It is also supposed to be really hot this weekend so we decided to put up the pool! Jase and Ellen came over last night to help and we got it all set up and started filling. I don't think we've ever put the pool up in April! Usually we put it up the middle or end of May. But of course usually at this time we are really busy with school plays, soccer, dance, and end of year programs and aren't even thinking about it. But since all of that is cancelled we figured we might as well put it up! I'm sure it will be too cold for me to swim in for a while but the kids will have fun in it!
Brandon just finished his last finals so he is officially graduated from Utah State!! Jase and Ellen still have a couple more finals next week, I think.
Anyway, I guess I better go start cleaning out the basement and getting it ready for tonight!
Wendy
No comments:
Post a Comment