Monday, February 8, 2021

Chris&Kim ~ First day of school, Scavenger Hunt - painting , Christine new job

15 Pics - Christopher and Kim Update February 8, 2021


Mon, Feb 8, 8:36 AM

Congratulations to Jase and Ellen - expecting a baby in August.

Last Monday we were able to talk to Elder Aaron Taylor and get a nice letter from him. He was happy and upbeat! He is serving in Bellevue and is in a trio. We think he will like serving in the States.

Tuesday night was my first geology class up in Heber. I thought I might be one of the older students there, but most are my age. And the instructor is at least 20 years older since he started college in 1964. Kim took the obligatory first day of school picture, see below.

I think I will really like the class. Kim will meet me each week at the mouth of the canyon, and then we will drive up together. She will have her dinner and use her phone and iPad in the foyer area during my class, and then we can drive down together.

Corin finished painting the hallway and front entrance area. Now the next project is the outside office. Conner did pick up three used windows for that project.

Friday Kim and I took Cayson to his Midvale house for the weekend, and then tried a restaurant on 123rd South - called Spitz. It was OK, but we didn’t like it enough to go again. That was our 635th date.

Saturday we had Integrity and I had picked up a bunch of Mr. Potato Head parts from Mom and Dad’s house on Thursday. So we had fun with that. I also took the Brite tapes that my sisters used to listen to while we were all kids. The sound quality was a bit off - not sure if that was the tapes or our tape player. But Integrity enjoyed them and we danced to the music.

When Corin and I came back from Grandma and Grandpa’s house Thursday, the Pilot was full as usual. We brought a few dresses for Aspen to take a look at. Kim had just made lunch for her and Integrity and I was holding up each dress for them to see. Integrity was ignoring her food in favor of being transfixed by the dresses.

I said sarcastically, “Are you going to eat, or just look at dresses?”

Integrity replied matter of factly: “Just look at dresses”


We also played more ping pong, and right in the middle of playing, Integrity said, “I love spending time with you guys.”

She took a pretend nap in her fort, and while in there I played some music. She called out from the fort, “No music while I’m sleeping!”

Here is Prosperity Poem 109 - Back to You. Cayson asked us if we believed in Karma and that led to an interesting discussion, and I read a scripture in Alma 41:15. And that led to my next poem. 122,212 poems read. https://prosperitypoems.com/delivery109BackToYou.html

Kadan and Christine wrote an update. Christine got a new job, and Kadan lined up a plane flight over Bryce Canyon for an early Valentine’s present. 

Here is a beautiful rendition of a song my Mom forwarded to me.  


Our Cousins Family History Scavenger Hunt went really well. We did the “heritage” activity that shows what you may have looked like in different lands and times. Mine is included in the collage. You can see the rest on The Westra Way blog post about the activity. 


Have a super week!
Christopher and Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment