Monday, February 15, 2021

Christopher and Kim Update ~ Ping Pong, Integrity, Roots Tech


On Monday we got another good letter from Aaron.  He is still doing well in Bellevue.  Happy Birthday to Alyssa Westra today!  Camden and I got some flowers for Kim for Valentine's Day.


Cayson and Kim have gotten into Knitting in the past few days. Kim is working on a scarf. They keep watching YouTube videos together about knitting.  Camden had to work Friday night and Saturday night at the theater, but he came and joined us for Sunday and today. Today is Presidents’ Day so the boys are out of school and Kim is off work.


Conner rewired the electrical in the outside office for the new setup, and also cut holes in the walls for the windows.  We’ve been playing lots of ping pong and we are all improving with the practice.  We’ve had lots of rain the past few days so that helps me get to working on the rock fireplace inside.  When it gets nice outside then I’d rather be out there doing other projects.


We did get Integrity on Saturday and had fun.  We listened to music and played “Play Tiles” - something I got from Grandma and Grandpa’s house that we used to play with when we were kids.  With my iPhone I always have the camera setting on “live photos” which captures a second or so of movement.  You can view it as a still photo, with the movement as a “loop”, or with the movement going back and forth, called “bounce”.  They can turn out really cute.


Kim calls them “Harry Potter” pictures because in Harry Potter the pics in the newspapers move.  Thea altered one of the Integrity Pics into an even better “Harry Potter Pic” - see collage. Kim also had her friend Lisa come over for lunch and a visit.


Corin and I went up to Grandma and Grandpa's house and worked Thursday.  I don’t think I’ve shared it yet here - Corin and Kylie are buying a house in Redmond later this month and moving down there!  We will miss them.  Corin is applying at several companies down there for a full time job, and will take the best offer.  Redmond is down near Gunnison, and near Kylie’s family in Axtell.


I’ve been doing a lot of family history work - right now I’m focusing on my Mom’s Dad Rex Norman.  I’ll include a baby pic of him in the collage. I’ve also been planning our early March trip down to Escalante, using hiking books and the Internet - and the Utah rockhounding book.  By the time we go, I have our itinerary pretty planned out.  The trips go much better that way, and we pretty much follow it.  Sometimes with extra cold or extra hot weather we have to change it up a bit.


There is a free family history conference called “Roots Tech” online, February 25 to 27. Check out the link below for more details.


https://www.rootstech.org/?lang=eng


“For the first time ever, the world’s largest family celebration event will be entirely virtual and completely free. Get ready to celebrate shared connections with people from around the world. Connect with friends, your family, your past, and your heritage and homelands—all from the comfort of your home and in your browser.”


Here is Prosperity Poem 110 - Meta.  123,023 poems read.


https://prosperitypoems.com/delivery110Meta.html


Have a great week!


Christopher and Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment