Monday, January 23, 2017

Blackham Update (More January 2017)

Blackham Update 01232017

I've been a bit under the weather these last few days. Probably just a cold (didn't really have a fever until yesterday, just a slight one). I still made it out for the boy's basketball games over the weekend, but other than that, haven't really left the comfort of home.

Friday the high school played at Brighton. I couldn't quite make it out at 3:30 for Keaton's game, which was too bad, as our boys did really well. Gray and I went out for the varsity game. Just as Soph and JV had easily won, it looked like that was going to be the case, but then Brighton came back in the 4th quarter and suddenly it was 30 seconds left. CHHS was up by two points, but the other team had possession. If our boys couldn't hold them off, they could get a basket and force OT or a three-pointer for the win. BUT ... as they were passing Callahan got a finger on the ball for an exciting steal and pass to our star, Stockton, who made the basket despite a foul. So then we were up by 5, which did ultimately end the game (Brighton did get 2 more points there in the final seconds). 

Scott texted me about the great defensive play he'd seen on the news. I had posted it on my basketball social media too. The whole game (highlights) is now up as well. I've been trying to stay caught up on converting my video files to watchable clips.

Saturday the two little boys had games and they both won too. Both got additional playing time as Colton's team only had six players (with three kids gone), and Cooper's team has a kid out with a broken leg (who happens to be the other point guard, the same position Cooper plays). 

Keaton went downtown with a big group of friends to support their buddy James (basketball team manager) who was representing Utah in the Xbox Madden tournament (he'd won the state competition a couple weeks ago). There was a little clip of that on the news too (with Keaton there in the background). 

Gray is busy with four derbies this week. With Keaton busier, Cooper has had to unwillingly step up to be Dad's helper. A little incentive ... Gray got him a phone (which he's been wanting for a long time). I've appreciated him having it too, as it's come in handy when I've needed to contact him quick after school (to tell him to grab a neighbor gal we were giving a ride home, as she didn't have a phone to know her ride wasn't coming) and as he HAS been hanging out with friends more (Monday he and his buddies went and played basketball at a local church for hours!)

Gray is also prepping for his trip to Mexico. Maga decided she wanted to go too, so she is joining them. Landon wrote his last official letter yesterday! We're going to be in the "need a car" position really soon too!

Jen and da boys

From Mom: I've got a cold too--don't want to cough during eye surgery tomorrow!! I don't remember the last time I had a cold or flu, it's been so long! Not good timing for this one. That's lots of derby's this week! Hope the busy schedule and getting ready for his trip won't trigger any attacks. You and Grayson probably feel relief with Pam going along--just in case he had an attack, so he won't be alone---it will be quite an adventure for them! Hope they have a wonderful time with Landon. Sounds like the boys are busy and doing well with basketball! Hope we both get feelings better soon!


I know, it's really been a while since I've been sick too! I've got three games to go to tonight, and I was supposed to be on snack bar duty, but I got someone to cover for me there. I'm sure people would appreciate being served food by someone NOT sniffling and sneezing, and I'll appreciate being able to come home between games and laying down for just a bit.

Having Pam go will be more comforting during the time Gray would have been alone, having someone else there ... but I also think it might stress Gray a bit more, feeling like he and Landon could handle some things easier on their own than they could with Maga along (before Gray was like "if I get robbed I get robbed" ... but I'm sure having his mom there changes that entire aspect). Hopefully it will all go smoothly. Landon has some member families that are eager to help out (hosting them in a property they have, offering to drive them around if needed). 

Very busy with basketball ... it will be a bit of a shock to the system when the season is over, and probably will be OVER for Callahan. I'm not sure what opportunities he'll have in the future. There are always guys getting together to play and such but it's not quite the same.

I've been battling a bad cold sore too. In the past years, they haven't been as frequent or as bad. This one is the worst in a while. It's lasted well over a week. Right in the corner of my mouth, so I can't really open ... it's gotten in the way of eating some! It actually folds into the wrinkles when I smile and isn't that noticeable (so I need to smile all the time) ... but if I'm not smiling and catch myself in the mirror, I look like the Joker in Batman (how his face was cut there at the corner). I have a dentist appointment on Thursday (permanent crown) and I hope it's gone enough by then that I can open my mouth. I've wondered a bit if this had anything to do with my dental work. It appeared a couple days after I went in (about two weeks ago) on the same side, and it's been really weird with the cold sore, my entire cheek has continued to feel numb, like after the dentist, almost this entire time! I also bit my cheek while it was numb, and then keep doing it! ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment