Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Chris&Kim ~ 24 August 2020


Starting School - Fun Summer - Christopher and Kim Update 
Westra Family and Friends (Aug 24, 2020)


Happy Birthday to Rella yesterday, and to Taylee later this week! Rella and Cayson have a class together at school - Earth Science I think. And then he has a Wesley Westra in his Seminary class. Grandma Westra ended up writing to Westra cousins and getting a conversation going. Wendy, thanks for your update. Be careful Janelle! People do fall - I did it once myself. Where is Jared going to school?

We had Integrity with us on Saturday while Courtney and Krystal went on another long bike race with their Dad. Integrity was fun, as usual, and we played and read books, and worked. She brought her backpack and showed me how she can put it on “all by herself”. She starts pre-school in September and is so excited. We went down and saw Conner and Amber’s bunnies.



After playing and reading for quite a while, I needed to take a rest.
Me: I need to take a rest now
Integrity: OK, and when you wake up, you can play with me again
Me: Yep

Integrity loves the book “Toad on the Road” and just about has the whole book memorized. Kim read it to her, and then I did, and then Kim read it again. 

Kim has been really busy at work! They are understaffed right now and Kim has been working ten to twelve hour days to try and help. Her supervisor Connie gave her a couple of Red Lobster gift certificates. Connie really appreciates her because she is always on time and always there. Kim is amazed at how some of the other Medical Assistants just don’t show up and often with lame excuses.

Saturday evening we had Corin and Kylie over for dinner - and we had Camden and Cayson and Conner and Amber also. Camden came for the weekend and helped Conner with the sheetrocking of the shed.

My rock pathway is coming along rock by rock. The pathway itself should be done before cold weather comes, and hopefully the entire window well. See the pic below. Corin went to work at Grandma’s house on Thursday. I stayed home as I wasn’t feeling well. On TestUtah.com I went through the questionnaire and they recommended I get tested for Covid, so I did. The results came back Friday as negative. I was pretty confident, but I wanted to know for the sake of getting Integrity, working at Grandma’s and so Kim knew that I didn’t have it so she would be safe for work.

Cayson started school on Tuesday and is doing great! He rides his bike to school (while the weather permits) with some friends. Aaron's cousin Reed went back out on his mission this week. Kim and I went to Red Lobster Wednesday night and used the gift cards.


Have a super week!
Christopher and Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment