Garden, Family - Integrity ~ Christopher and Kim Update August 31, 2020.
Happy birthday to Keaton. Add to Cooper last week! My birthday is Saturday - I’ll be 54. Amazing that it's September tomorrow! Today (finally) felt cooler in the morning. Cayson noticed it as he headed out to school.
Kim wasn’t quite as busy at work so that was nice to have her home earlier. Our garden is doing well. Conner is still working on the shed. Camden stayed with us over the weekend and it was good to see him. Last evening we had Seth and Aspen and Krystal and Aaron over for dinner. Boris was working. Conner grilled steaks outside. We watched Major (Seth and Aspen's dog) on Friday and he figured out how to get through the cat door. I kept finding him inside and wondering how he got in!
On Friday I had a doctor appointment with an endocrinologist. He doesn’t think he can help me and I agree. He does not seem to see the body as a complete system, but more mechanistically. And he only deals with his own area. So that kind of feels like a waste of time.
Thursday Corin and I went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house to work. On the way back we stopped by Nelva and Arnold’s house to get some of their frozen boysenberries so she could make room in their freezer for current needs. We saw a big owl in their tree outside (see picture, bottom left).
We had Integrity on Saturday while Courtney, Seth, and Integrity rode with Adam on a 100 mile (plus) bike ride for training for the Lotoja. They brought Integrity here at 6:00 in the morning and I took her up to snuggle with Kim in bed. We were thankful she went back to sleep. Then we played lots and read a lot of books. Kim took Camden and Cayson shopping at one point and I had Integrity help me make Zucchini muffins and build on our rock grotto and play in the fairy cave.
I sang Sunshine in my Soul and later she said, “Can you sing the sunshine song again, please?” Here are some other fun conversations.
——————
Me: Do you have an imagination?
Integrity: No
Does your mom have an imagination?
Yes
—————-
Integrity was running back-and-forth to take some rocks from one place to another
Woo hoo!
Woo hoo!
Papa, can you say woo hoo over here?
Me (from where I was working). Woo hoo!
Integrity: No, over here. Running to get rocks
I climbed over to her and Woo hoo! - we ran back and forth to get rocks
—————
I Dropped a small rock that I was placing and it disappeared where I couldn’t find it
Me: Oh, I lost that small rock
Integrity: I’m going to give you another small rock, but you cannot lost this one. If you lost this one, then I’m not going to give you another one. That’s all..!
—————-
Integrity - Papa, do you want to play superhero? (We had a superman cape for her)
Me: I don’t have a cape
Integrity: I’ll go get one upstairs
She runs up stairs and comes down with a bright pink towel from our bedroom.
Integrity: this towel is your cape, you can pin it if you want
Whoosh around the yard we go, with our capes
——————
It was really close last week between two poem backgrounds, Eva made the deciding vote. Thanks Eva! 99.594 poems read. Here is the background that won.
Here is the new PRINTABLE promises format - PDF version
Our neighbor Todd brought his two young boys Owen and Nathan over to pick some grapes and tomatoes, and we unloaded the rock polisher together. Owen said later, “it’s like a farm over at Christopher’s house”.
Have a Super Week!
Christopher and Kim

No comments:
Post a Comment