Monday, November 23, 2020

Chris&Kim ~Fall eggs, Freckles, Cayson Wrist - Wish-Carrots - Kim back to work

Email Update November 23, 2020

Happy Birthday to Calder, Grayson, and Rick this week.

I finished reading Freckles to Kim, during her two weeks recovery and while she was off work. It’s such a great book - by Gene Stratton Porter. She also wrote A Girl of the Limberlost.

Integrity wrote us a letter and it was really fun to receive. Pic below. So we wrote her back and she was so excited to receive two letters in the mail!


Kim was off work all this week to recover from her surgery, and she needed it. Cayson and I went up Dry Canyon one afternoon - with me running and Cayson biking. Well, on the way up we took turns pushing his bike when it was too steep for him to ride. He’s not a very strong uphill rider. It was beautiful up in the mountains. Then on Saturday we went again and he went across a level trail really fast and couldn’t make a corner and crashed within the first 60 seconds. He hurt his wrist so we had to pack up the bike and go home. I’ll take him to the doctor this morning to check it out.

Corin came and worked a couple days on my rock pathway by the window well. See the pics below. Kylie got tested for Covid because a couple of her coworkers had it, but her test was negative. We were very grateful.

I Reached page 700 in my geology textbook called “Dynamic Earth”. I’ve learned many things about this wonderful planet. That particular book is a nice background, but it’s still not helping me identify individual rocks. But I’ve been researching that also, and making progress. 

Thursday Kim and I went to Salt Lake City for the day. I had planned on inside work, but it was nice enough outside to continue winterizing and getting the leaves out of the flowerbeds and mowing and raking. Kylie was getting tested for Covid so Corin thought it best not to come up with me on Thursday as usual. So Kim just hung out there, went shopping for grandma and grandpa, and then we had a little Thanksgiving dinner in the evening. We wore our masks when around one another, except right when eating. I found two Easter eggs while working on the flowerbeds.

Friday Kim and I listened to President Nelson’s talk to the world - you can see the replay below:

Here is Prosperity Poem 99 - Wildest Dreams - Kim shared with me an idea and said, "Why don't you write a poem about this?" So I did. She heard it from a Pastor she was listening to online. He said something like, "If every one of your prayers were suddenly answered, would it bless the whole world, or would it only bless you?"

So I elaborated a bit on the idea and put it to verse. Check it out below.


https://prosperitypoems.com/delivery99WildestDreams.html


Also, I’m doing another giveaway with friends this week - see below:
https://icreatelove.com/stronger/


Have a great week.


Christopher and Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment