Monday, November 30, 2020

Chris&Kim~Ear Follow-up, Broken Bones, Thanksgiving, Poem 100

Email Update November 30, 2020




Hi all - this has been a crazy medical week. Lots of pics below, as usual. Shane and Alicia, thanks for your update - that's great about Adria and her driver's license and the job! 


Monday morning I took Cayson to the Instacare. We called the doctor’s office next door but they said to just go to the Instacare and the cost would be the same. They couldn’t see a major break on the x-ray but then the radiologist said there was a possible buckle fracture on one side of his right wrist. Then I took him back to school.


On Wednesday morning Kim had a follow up appointment for her ear. The doctor said it was doing well and also took out the stitches behind the ear where he had cut skin to make her a new eardrum. She has a follow up in three months and he said at that time we could look into hearing aids to increase function. She can hear OK if it’s a one on one conversation and the person is close, but it’s harder if there are lots of people or other background noise.


Wednesday Corin and I went to work at Grandma and Grandpa’s house. We were able to work outside much of the day, getting more leaves out of the flowerbeds, and planting daffodils. Corin also went shopping for them. When I got home, Kim and I watched the Livestream from The Chosen team, with sneak previews of season two, updates, and promoting their merchandise so they can produce the series and give it away to everyone. We are really looking forward to season two. The Piano Guys made an appearance on the livestream also - you can see the replay below. We did buy the devotional book and the children’s book: https://studios.vidangel.com/the-chosen/market


Then Conner called and he had broken his ankle skating. Amber was out with her best friend (like they do every Wednesday night), and Conner wanted to burn off energy. He barely had the skates on and he fell and broke his ankle. He knew it was broken. Kim and I were just heading to bed, but we went and picked him up and took him to the emergency room. They only allowed one person to be with him, so I stayed there until Amber came and took over. That will be tough for him since he does construction for work. 

Thursday was Thanksgiving and we had a lamb dinner with Krystal, Conner and Amber, and Cayson. I took Cayson on a hike. Amber introduced us to a new card game, Ramen Fury. Kadan and Christine stayed with us Friday and Saturday evening and had church with us Sunday. Then we had a Sunday evening dinner before they headed home.

I finished my 100th Prosperity Poem and I have more patrons than ever (72). 112,341 poems read, with 4262 people signed up for weekly free delivery of poems. Patrons get some “extra benefits”. You can see Poem 100 below - I haven’t built the online page yet.

On Margies’s Messages, we found out from Statcounter that the Parables page is one of the most popular, so we are building more parable pages linked from the main Parables page below. Other top pages right now are the gratitude page and the Christmas page.


I am progressing on my geology learning and understanding more about how rocks are formed. It’s a pretty “deep” subject and occasionally I read or watch something that really moves my understanding forward. 


Have a super week! Stay grateful..!
Christopher and Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment