Friday, May 22, 2020

Blackham ~ Mid-May Update

So ... Callahan is getting married. All the siblings are invited to the wedding ceremony and the reception afterward. I don't know if there are plans for a wedding dinner, I'll find out. Groups of 50 are allowed as of now, so Kate is trying to get an exact number of who is planning on coming to what. We absolutely understand if you can't make it or have reservations about getting together in a larger group. 

Cal and Kate have been looking at houses rather than renting an apartment (they've been saving and been super frugal) and made an offer on a house. It's in Kearns area, up by the Olympic Oval. I've only seen it online so far but it looks good for their price range. Newly redone on the inside. They should close on June 5.

Speaking of homes... Mom and shared Grandma and Grandpa's tiny trailer home a while back, and I did a little research reading the life history from both Grandma and Grandpa and did a blog post about it.  https://thewestraway.blogspot.com/2020/05/home-sweet-norman-home.html I may have been bitten by the family history bug - combining it with blogging ;) 

Sorry to hear Scott has been hurting. Keaton had something happen to him Saturday morning, the right side of his chest area just hurting really bad. He could barely move. We tried a tele-med, but as it's unusual for a kid his age to have problems like that, they recommended he go in. So he went to the Urgent Care for an EKG and Xray ... no bruised rib or blood clot or angina (Gray had been Googling possible problems) and while it was good to know it wasn't anything serious, he's been frustrated at no fix either. Just a muscle-relaxant and "hope for the best" with rest. He had to take the day off work today as he still can't move much, although it does seem to be loosening up some. 

Ironically Colton woke up Saturday with a bad crick in his neck. It loosened up though, enough that he could go to his basketball practice - their first one since early March. They had to have their temperature taken before joining in. He has his orthodontist appointment (postponed from mid-March) tomorrow, and they said if the kids are old enough they do prefer them to come in alone (which I actually do half the time anyway, just drop him then pick him up), they need to wear a mask (until their teeth are being looked at) and have their temperature taken.

Keaton and I both had visits to the dentist too. 

Landon finally got a haircut - went to Olivia at the house. Supercuts isn't open yet. She said it was her first haircut she'd done in over a month. Will Cooper allow his hair to be cut before the wedding (it's been growing since last October - the Blackham Boys usually get trimmed every 6-weeks or so). 

Landon received a promotion at work which has kept him really busy. Now he's more involved with roofing than the other materials. Grayson has also been super busy at work. Late nights!

I can't believe Cayson found an egg at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I mean, I CAN believe it, but when we were there on Sunday, Keaton challenged Colton to find an egg ... and Colton hadn't been able to. We did see a snake, but not the same snake that Cayson caught. I remember I used to reach right down and grab a snake when I was younger. I never got bitten, but I am now a normal girl who will shy away from snakes.

I've been doing some Zumba again. I'm teaching in the neighborhood, at the church parking lot on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and helping teach on Mondays at a nearby church. I could join classes Wed/Thurs (really it's just the instructors, but now with groups being allowed up to 50 people, they might open those ones up to everyone). I may need to work up to Zumba five days a week again though. 


Jen and da boys

From Chris:
Thanks for the update! Kim and I will be to the wedding. I need to find Kate's email and RSVP there also. Keep us updated with what you find out about Keaton. I've been letting my hair grow longer also. Chris and Kim

From Mom: 
Sorry I'm so behind in answering emails! I wasn't on the computer lastnight, and then this morning I didn't have a chance to check mail before John (the sprinkler guy) arrived and Chris and Cayson. I was skipping my swim so we could all help John in the yard, with digging trenches.  Big job and I wanted to be out before it got hotter. We were hoping to finish up the yard sprinkler project today, but I'm not sure if we will quite make it or not. Camden arrived at 5 to help, and came yesterday at 2:30 to help.
 Chris and Cayson will be leaving in a minute. Chris was going to drop him off, but Cayson's mom is going to let him stay at Chris and Kim's until Thurs., so he is happy about that. Cayson has a lot of school assignments to do the next two days, so that is part of the reason she is letting him--so Chris will have to make it happen:-)! But that's fine with Chris and Cayson.
So I've been fixing people some meals today too. And helping outside when my energy and back allowed.
We will plan on attending the wedding festivities, with masks. I had answered them on a previous email that we were coming, but you can let them know just in case they didn't get it.
Sorry to hear that Keaton has been having a strange chest pain---always scary when the pain is in the chest and certainly should be checked out, so it's good he did go in. Dad's been having some pain and wonders if he cracked a rib or something. He works so hard in the yard, that it could have happened. Scott is still really suffering. Even the stronger pain medicine hasn't helped much at all. So it is hard to know what to do next.
 I'm sure Colton and Adria and Josh will be happy to get back to their team sports. And Josh was so looking forward to earning money as a ref, right when it was all cancelled with the virus.
Merrill called today and I chatted on speaker with him and Lorrie too.  Merrill said his hair is getting long and curly--didn't know he had some curl. Maybe like me and Jen and Chris, just a little curl and when mainly when it gets longer.
Hope the house works out well for Cal and Kate. I'll try to get the email out with instructions for the married grandkids to set up a trust. It would be easier if they did it before closing on the house and then the forms can easily be made up in the name of their trust.  And Chris said Seth and Aspen are looking to buy a home also.
Dad said there was a snake in front of our garage yesterday. I remember when Wendy's little kids, years ago at their last house, saw a curled up rattlesnake on their front porch! And being just little, they didn't know it was dangerous! Glad they didn't get near! Once in awhile I will come across one while weeding and get a scare!!
Jen, I never picked up snakes, even when I was young---but I did catch nightcrawlers-----but I got over that stage. Also glad you are still able to do Zumba for exercise. I do well on my hr. swim each day. That's great that Landon got another promotion at work!
Today would have been our dental check-up and cleaning, but I had cancelled them.
I'm probably forgetting to answer some things, as I'm still catching up on reading email.
love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment