Thursday, May 21, 2020

Jensen Update 05-18-2020

Thanks for the update, Jen! Rick and I have a husband and wife S&I (Seminary and Institute) Inservice in Bryce Canyon June 11-12. I am honestly surprised that they didn’t cancel it, but they are still planning on it as far as we know. If it gets cancelled then I was planning on coming up for the wedding, but if it goes through then I won’t be able to come up. I know that Cal and Kate want the RSVP in by May 22nd and so I will try and find out for sure one way or the other within the next few days! That is great that they can buy a house – good for them!

I LOVE the blog post about Grandma and Grandpa’s homes through the years on the Westra blog!

That is unnerving about Keaton’s incident! I wonder what caused it! Hopefully he feels better soon! Hope Scott is getting some relief from his back pain!

Josh and Jenna go back to the Orthodontist on Wednesday – their visits were cancelled last month. Josh has actually been anxiously awaiting this visit because he is only four “Ortho Bucks” away from earning a $20.00 Walmart gift card. He should also be getting his braces off soon and so he is hoping for good news at this visit. I am worried about Jenna though. Her under bite has returned within the past few months and so she might need to go back on head-gear again.

Josh’s comp soccer ended up canceling the rest of the season and so he was really disappointed about that. Tryout for next year’s soccer teams are next week. His coach called and wants him to tryout and double roster on two teams – both the 06 team and the 05 team. I said we would think about it. Last year he played on the 06 team and ended up C-passing up for most of the 05 games anyway, without the stress of being committed to two teams and having to choose between games when they conflict. So we might just go that route again.

Today was Jenna’s fifth grade graduation. They had a “drive through graduation” where each student could receive their awards and get their picture taken with their teachers. They put a nice sign in all of the students’ yards who earned the “Give Me Liberty” award, so that was a fun surprise. Jenna was actually the second person in her class to pass everything off and earn the award. I did a blog post today on her graduation: https://wendyjensen.blogspot.com/2020/05/jenna-fifth-grade-graduation-from.html

Things are starting to pick up here, at least for Jaiden! Tomorrow she has an extra dance rehearsal, a student council BBQ (with masks and social distancing), a madrigal rehearsal and a madrigal concert outside at the park. She has 25 of her driving hours, but the driving instructor is still not driving with students and when he does start driving with students again he will be very back-logged with waiting students. So who knows when she will get her driver’s license!

Janelle has her Language Arts AP Test on Wednesday – wish her luck! Jared comes home next week! (On the 27th). Jenna and Jaiden’s dance concert is next weekend (the 29th and 30th) and Jaiden’s 16th birthday on the 31st. Rick has been planning on Father’s Day Flee with the Healeys. We are going to have it at a cabin in Pine Valley.

Wendy

From Chris: Ha ha, Aaron can earn something like the Ortho bucks also, since he has braces now. But being 20 and having a good job, I don't think he's quite as excited as Josh.. 🤗



From Jen: 
Colton just gets a bouncy ball from his ortho appointments. Our ortho is also the kids pediatric dentist, so I guess for most of their work they have a younger clientele ... although kids seem to be getting braces younger and younger now, sometimes more than once (two rounds). We were all teens. Cooper isn't going to get braces. Just too much work with his anxiety issues (any doctor visit is an ordeal) and luckily he's pretty straight. 

Interesting to look at the school collages of all us Westra siblings ... Wendy had braces on for three pictures, Chris/Shane and I for two. Scott you can only see a braces smile one year, but I assume they were still there for another... but Derek ... just ONE year! Also interesting to note which years (although the spacing of the collages aren't consistent, as the younger kids started with younger "official" pictures that I included, well before kindergarten/1st grade). 

I finally took Colton to his school just so he could run in and grab stuff from his locker. For the school locker, they were actually having the staff collect belongings (to keep people out of the school) but the gym locker wasn't an assigned number, Colton had NO idea where it was without actually going himself (and even then he forgot for a moment, as he switched spots at the semester between his fitness class and his group sports class). So they let him run back and grab his stinky gym clothes and his lock.

Colton's playing up with basketball (he's a year younger than everyone else) - already the coach has quite a few things planned ... good for Colton but I haven't minded the break!


No comments:

Post a Comment