Hi everyone! Hope you all are doing well!
We hope Scott's surgery was successful and that he can get some relief finally!
Everything in this letter is also on my blog (with more detail and pictures) and so if you are interested you can go to wendyjensen.blogspot.com and scroll through the recent posts. Or I have included the bullet points here with links to each of the posts!!
- This has been a busy and exciting week since Jared returned home from his mission on Wednesday! Rick made a really nice video for Jared's mission with pictures and some video clips. I did a LONG post about that so click here if you want the full account!!
- Janelle had her Language Arts AP test and said it went well. There was sure a lot of controversial stuff on the news about the AP tests being taken at home. Jaiden and Janelle had their last Madrigal Concert.
- We got two new brown love seats. The fake leather was completely peeling off of the one we had. Jase and Ellen fixed their apartment up really cute. I should have taken some pictures while I was there. I did take a picture of the kids with Jase and Ellen's new cat!!
- The official Senior Sunrise at Snow Canyon High School was cancelled due to Covid-19, but many groups of students did their own thing -- including Janelle's group of friends. I am really NOT a fan of this tradition. I value a good night's sleep and do not like the idea of teenagers staying up all night and gallivanting around town. Janelle has a stellar group of friends and so I wasn't really worried about them doing things they shouldn't, but I WAS worried about the negative effects of no sleep affecting their judgement -- and driving skills! I was grateful when this little activity was over with!! They went to a surprise party for a special needs girl at their school, then Janelle's group of friends met at a park for a dance. They mostly stayed overnight at one of the boy's houses (who we know really well) for games, fire pit, movies, treats... Janelle was excited to have her first "all-nighter" (which I told her was highly over-rater, but honestly, how would I know since I have never actually stayed up all night.) She also wanted to try her first (and second) Mountain Dew -- such a rebel! They went to Denny's in the middle of the night and went to Airport Hill to watch the sunrise... (Now a week or so later Janelle told me that the school (or school officers or whoever is in charge) had decided to move forward with the official Senior Sunrise after all... Ugh! Not another one!!)
- This night (May 21) was also the virtual graduation ceremony for the high school: The video turned out really nice! Jaiden and Janelle sang with the Madrigals on the video. They filmed it in groups in different locations. They sounds great! Click this link to see the video: (Go to 16.19 to see the Madrigal's song).
- Jenna had a graduation party at our house with a few friends: https://wendyjensen.blogspot.com/2020/05/jenna-graduation-party.html It was supposed to be three hours long but ended up being seven hours, ha ha!!
- We had a neat Come Follow Me lesson where Rick assigned the kids to do art work for an assigned chapter of the Book of Mormon. They also put together family history presentations. We invited Mom and Dad to join in to the presentations through Zoom! Here is the blog post: https://wendyjensen.blogspot.com/2020/05/family-history-presentations-church.html Janelle also got called to be on the Seminary Council next year!
- This has been a busy weekend because it was the Dance Concert for Jenna and Jaiden. The dancers had to miss several weeks of practices due to the quarantine (some of this was done over youtube videos). They had to move their concert from the huge auditorium at Desert Hills High School (since the high school was officially closed) to the small Hafen Theatre at Tuacahn. They added a third performance (a matinee) and families were only allowed four tickets total. So we could only come to one show ( I usually like to attend both nights). They also had taped off every other row and then had two empty seats in between each family. It worked well and I was glad that they were still able to have their concert.
- Jenna and Clarissa spent one afternoon (in between dance rehearsals) making cute clay figures of all of the Disney princesses (see image in the collage above!)
- We celebrated Jaiden's 16th birthday yesterday, here is the post about that!! https://wendyjensen.blogspot.com/2020/05/happy-sweet-sixteen-birthday-to-jaiden.html Rick gave Jaiden a dozen roses and wrote her a poem asking her on her "First Date." They are doing that now! They are going bowling and then dressing up and going to Cliffside Inn for dinner and then checking out the cactus gardens! And here is the post about Rick burning the garbage can down!! https://wendyjensen.blogspot.com/2020/05/melted-garbage-cans-and-near-misses.html
Now that Jared is home and the dance concert is finished hopefully I can get caught up on some things!! We look forward seeing you all at the Father's Day Party! Wendy
From Chris: Nice video for Jared! Yes. Keep rick away from fire!
From Jen: Those clay Disney princesses are SO cute! Glad your kids got to do their concerts. Tough to prep for something and then NOT get to perform. No issues with pets in Jase and Ellen's apartment? Seems like that is one of the hard thing about having pets when newly married - lots of places don't allow them. Landon and Sol had to pay "pet rent" too for their dog and cat. It was $50 a month I think! Glad you got your boy home, hope he reacclimates to "regular" life - even though it's still very irregular right now! Scary on the garbage can fire. That happened to our neighbor's too. They disposed of fireworks they "thought" were out. With a garbage can next to the house, that could end in disaster.
Thanks! I think there are rules about pets but Jase said practically everyone has them! I think a lot of people claim that their pet is an "emotional support" pet in order to get around the rules! I heard that is what our neighbors did. Our neighbors both upstairs and downstairs have huge dogs and it is supposedly "no pet" housing! That is crazy that Landon and Sol had to pay rent for their pets -- expensive!! Jase really did not want a cat, but must have given in to make Ellen happy, ha ha!


No comments:
Post a Comment