Highlights for this week...
Josh joined the Cross Country team. I am really happy about that! It was quite a bit more expensive than I remembered though! They train every morning at 6:00 so Josh has to get up at 5:30 in order to ride his bike to the school for practice. I am proud of him for being disciplined enough to get up on his own and get there. I went to the parent meeting and was so impressed with all of the coaches... in fact the meeting was so motivational that I decided to start running too! (Just not at 6:00 a.m.!) Josh also tried out for soccer. Both teams (05 and 06) offered him a position on their team but he decided on the 06 team instead of "playing up."
Monday: Rick took Jaiden on her "first date" bowling, to Cliffside Restaurant, and the Gardens
Tuesday: Jaiden went river tubing with the Williams and then had a small, simple "Pedicure Party" (to celebrate her birthday) with her three best friends while watching "Frozen 2" and singing their hearts out (pedicures and dessert were provided by Jenna and friends).
Wednesday: Jaiden had a swimming party with her dance classes from Southwest.
Thursday: Jaiden went to a swimming party at one of her guy friends's house (Jordan). Jared was going crazy not having a job and ended up applying for Caption Call (even though we had some reservations -- some like it, but others (like Callahan) hate it). He will start after our Father's Day Flee vacation. Janelle has been working a lot, Jaiden applied for a couple of jobs. I started back up at one of my jobs -- just a few hours a week. I got a "communicator mask" so that the deaf person can see my lips. Wearing a mask is annoying enough -- wearing one with plastic is even worse! But I am grateful for the work.
The neighbor boys are loving having Jared around again to play with them! Josh is loving it too. Jared has spent lots of time with friends and went on one group activity of guys and girls hiking, but he hasn't seemed interested in jumping into the dating game quite yet.
Friday: Four parties today...
Josh had a belated birthday party (Pickleball party) at 9:00 a.m. He made it early so that it wouldn't be too hot. Jared agreed to supervise, so I didn't even have to go, ha ha! They then swam at our house after and then went to one of the boy's houses to continue the fun.
Jaiden went to Mariposa's birthday party -- swimming at her cousin's house. They then watched a movie Friday night.
Jenna had TWO birthday parties today. Her friend, Clarissa, and her friend, Lindsey, share a birthday and so they always have to coordinate their parties every year so that they aren't at the same time! Lindsey's party was a High School Musical Party in the afternoon and Clarissa's was a glow stick party in the evening.
Rick and I went on a date -- dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe, some errands, and then watched a movie together. It was really good -- "Mao's Last Dancer." Josh and Jenna might find it interesting because of the Chinese language and culture.
Saturday: Pretty much just cleaning... Mexican chicken tacos for dinner (compliments of chef Rick). Jaiden and friends watched Newsies in the basement.
Sunday: We went back to church -- first time back in two months! They divided up the ward into four groups and so we will go once a month. Our ward is fairly small to begin with and so we only had about 35 people there. It was fast Sunday but they didn't have a testimony meeting. One of the returned missionaries (Bishop's son) spoke and did a great job. The meeting was about 40 minutes. We still had our Come Follow Me lesson (I taught) and had a nice dinner, which tasted extra good after fasting.
I am looking forward to seeing many of you at the wedding tomorrow!
Wendy

No comments:
Post a Comment