Pretty basic stuff for the Blackham's this week. Ortho appointments for Cal (foot, his last checkup) and Colton (teeth). A new fridge downstairs (to replace the old/extra that wasn't working well), a little work on the room downstairs (new drywall after a leak). Coop had a night out with friends (outdoor basketball) and Colton still had his basketball (clinic Mon/Wed, two games on Saturday). Gray went up to the lake again mid-week with a work buddy and his kids.
Gray has been so busy there hasn't been any smoking or SousVide this week. So I was back on dinner duty. Spaghetti is super easy, but Coop doesn't care for pasta. He gave it a try this week though, and liked it, enough I made a second batch to have on hand for leftovers (sometimes I simply make leftovers!) Landon fried up some green beans, dipped in tempura. They were fresh from my garden. I have two types of beans, pole beans and bush beans. I hadn't seen any beans on the more visible pole bean plants, but when I looked closer at the bush beans, I had a TON.
We were glad to have Landon and Sol over for some games. It had been a while. Cal had talked up the Symphony house for the Hyland Parade of Homes, so Keaton and Landon wanted to see it (it's fun having all the guys in construction. Camsen, the company Cal/Keaton work for have been working for Symphony). We made it a family affair (Cal and Kate already had plans, but the rest of us went) and drove up to see it. Two million dollar home I think. Waterfall and firepit in the backyard. Two pantries. Huge fridge/freezer. The washer/dryer looked familiar (the same ones we just got at our house last week). A little "movie theater" and gym and "man cave" ... a room under the garage, with it's own garage entrance. Grayson's RZR is parked in there as part of the staging.
Landon had driven the Durango (his car has been having a few issues, he wasn't sure he trusted it for the trip, taking it in tomorrow). I had my first drive in Gray's truck (sorry Scott, I should have taken some pictures. It has a seat COOLER. ) Landon and Sol had the dogs along, so they left them in the car, with it running, A/C on. Keys in the car ... and we think one of the puppies hit the lock button. So that was stressful. Locked out! Cal was going to give up his plans to stop by the house and grab the other keys ... but after calling to the dogs and having them jump up by the windows, one of them finally hit a window button, rolling it down a little, enough for Sol to reach in and unlock the doors. Whew! We quickly let Cal know he was off the hook.
July is speeding by!

No comments:
Post a Comment